Brisbane Property Prices next 12 months

Where will Brisbane's house prices go within the next 12 months (medians)?

• BOOM! (20%+) - $528,000 +

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • Balanced Growth (10-12%) - $484,000 - $492,900

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Limited Growth (5%) - $462,000

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • Neutral Growth (0%) - $440,000

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Negative Growth (-5%) - $418,000

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • DEPTHS (-10%) - $398,000 - lower

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For a cheap grand chauffered of Brisbane's inner/middle ring you could do no worse than riding the 598 / 599 great circle bus which ends up where you started after about 4 hrs.

See chermside nundah indooroopilly toowong mt gravatt carindale enoggera and everything in between!

For a cheap grand chauffered of Brisbane's inner/middle ring you could do no worse than riding the 598 / 599 great circle bus which ends up where you started after about 4 hrs.

See chermside nundah indooroopilly toowong mt gravatt carindale enoggera and everything in between!

WoW! That would be an exciting trip! *insert sarcasm*

Is anyone familiar with the Upper Mt Gravatt pocket that is now zoned for 8 storey unit developments? It takes in Mascar, Tryon and Khandalla Sts. Houses are selling to developers at $625k for a 592m2 block. Would these blocks be a good investment now to sell in a few years when development blocks are more in demand? If you had one in there would you sell now or hold for a while?

WoW! That would be an exciting trip! *insert sarcasm*

It was very good indeed. Did about 3hrs until it got too dark. At about the same length of an intense spruiker seminar it's a fraction of the cost and you'd learn more.

To master a mountain is to climb it whereas to master an island or city is to circumnavigate it.

RP Data report - Top 10 most affordable capital city suburbs -- Units

4 suburbs from Logan ......

Welcome to this month's TOP 10 special edition housing market update, exclusive to MYRP subscribers. For the March issue we look at the most affordable capital city suburbs for units. The results are based on median unit values as at December 2013.

AVM Value Median -- RP Data estimates the value of every property across the country each week using an automated valuation methodology (AVM). The median values provided are based on the median of these AVMs.

1 Elizabeth Vale, Playford, Adelaide, SA

Median Value: $143,452 (from 132 AVM reports)
Elizabeth Vale is a northern suburb of Adelaide. According to Census data, 45.9 per cent of homes in Elizabeth Vale were owner-occupied.

2 Elizabeth North, Playford, Adelaide, SA

Median Value: $159,438 (from 198 AVM reports)
Elizabeth was established by the South Australian Housing Trust in 1955. In 2011, 43.4 per cent of homes in Elizabeth North were owner-occupied.

3 Logan Central, Logan, Brisbane, QLD

Median Value: $171,459 (from 443 AVM reports)
Logan Central is the CBD of Logan City. The population of Logan Central in 2006 was 5,602 people. By 2011 the population was 6,179 showing a population growth of 10% in the area during that time.

4 Woodridge, Logan, Brisbane, QLD

Median Value: $182,648 (from 1,737 AVM reports)
The suburb of Woodridge had a population of 12,787 as of the 2011 Census. In 2011, 39.4 per cent of homes in Woodridge were owner-occupied.

5 New Norfolk, Derwent Valley, Greater Hobart, TAS

Median Value: $183,601 (from 164 AVM reports)
New Norfolk is situated in the south-east of Tasmania on the Derwent River. According to Census data, households in New Norfolk are primarily couples with children and are likely to be repaying between $1,000 - $1,400 per month on mortgage repayments.

6 Salisbury, Salisbury, Adelaide, SA

Median Value: $183,970 (from 673 AVM reports)
Salisbury is a northern suburb in Adelaide. In general, people in Salisbury are likely to be repaying between $1,000 - $1,400 per month on mortgage repayments.

7 Berriedale, Glenorchy, Greater Hobart, TAS

Median Value: $184,217 (from 100 AVM reports)
The suburb of Berriedale is located in the northern suburbs of Hobart. The suburb is split in two by the Brooker Highway. In 2011, 70.0 per cent of Berriedale homes were owner-occupied.

8 Beenleigh, Logan, Brisbane, QLD

Median Value: $186,159 (from 845 AVM reports)
Located approximately 34 kilometres south of Brisbane CBD, Beenleigh is a suburb in Logan City. Households in Beenleigh are primarily couples with children and are likely to be repaying between $1,800 - $2,400 per month on mortgage repayments.

9 Slacks Creek, Logan, Brisbane, QLD

Median Value: $186,619 (from 845 AVM reports)
Home to IKEA, Slacks Creek is a suburb of Logan City. By 2011, the population of Slacks Creek was 10,418 according to Census data.

10 Salisbury North, Salisbury, Adelaide, SA

Median Value: $188,262 (from 275 AVM reports)
Households in Salisbury North are primarily couples with children and are likely to be repaying between $1,000 - 1,400 per month on mortgage repayments according to Census data. By 2011, the population of Salisbury North was 9,269.

Unquote

Brisbane

In my view is that Brisbane is still undervalued by around 10%

As long as you buy around 10-12km from the city I think it is a safe bet. I am so confident hat I am getting involved in a 25 unit apartment site in Upper Mount Gravatt. The market has been flat for a number of years but with strong governments in both Queensland and Canberra I am confident about this market

You guys not from Brisbane and who don't understand the dynamics of the city should not be applying a blanket "must be within 10k from CBD" rule. This would rule out areas like Sunnybank, Sunnybank Hills, Robertson, Upper Mt Gravatt, Macgregor.

I would recommend you guys talk more to locals. There are pockets as far as ~20km from the CBD that are very highly sought after (Stretton for example) and would absolutely be good investments. I'm not singling you out Nigel, cause I've seen so many posts of people touting this magical 10k rule. Also another thing out of towner's get wrong - they all look at the train maps. Brisbane trains are rubbish and locals prefer buses where possible, since there is a really good busway there. For example there's an express bus that takes you from the far end of Sunnybank Hills directly into town in about 35 mins. If you're along a major busway you can be further out and travel even faster. If you come from Sydney or Melbourne your eyes would immediately dart to the train lines when this is not the right way to look at Brisbane. After having lived in Sydney for 20 years (after living in Brissy for about 10) I still find myself constantly making this mistake too.

The best example I can give is Glen Waverly in Melbourne. It's a "whopping" 25k's from the CBD but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would say that isn't a good area to buy cause it's not within 10k's of Melbourne CBD. Knowing the dynamics of each city is very important.

Last edited:
Trains are quite good in Brisbane. Especially the Northern lines. The bus ways are only for the plebs living on the south side ;)

I think the 10km rule can only be used for the North Side. Where Jerrybee is right in that the Southside can go very far south (20kms), as the very good road corridor that links Gold Coast to Brisbane allows quick access for those scummy southsiders.

You guys not from Brisbane and who don't understand the dynamics of the city should not be applying a blanket "must be within 10k from CBD" rule. This would rule out areas like Sunnybank, Sunnybank Hills, Robertson, Upper Mt Gravatt, Macgregor.

I would recommend you guys talk more to locals. There are pockets as far as ~20km from the CBD that are very highly sought after (Stretton for example) and would absolutely be good investments. I'm not singling you out Nigel, cause I've seen so many posts of people touting this magical 10k rule. Also another thing out of towner's get wrong - they all look at the train maps. Brisbane trains are rubbish and locals prefer buses where possible, since there is a really good busway there. For example there's an express bus that takes you from the far end of Sunnybank Hills directly into town in about 35 mins. If you're along a major busway you can be further out and travel even faster. If you come from Sydney or Melbourne your eyes would immediately dart to the train lines when this is not the right way to look at Brisbane. After having lived in Sydney for 20 years (after living in Brissy for about 10) I still find myself constantly making this mistake too.

The best example I can give is Glen Waverly in Melbourne. It's a "whopping" 25k's from the CBD but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would say that isn't a good area to buy cause it's not within 10k's of Melbourne CBD. Knowing the dynamics of each city is very important.

Partly true. Whilst there certainly are suburbs >10km from cbd that are good [ e.g. chandler was voted most expensive; and its >10km], the vast majority suburbs within 10km are good whereas the proportion/percentage of good suburbs say 10-20km is less.
e.g. I can only think of a few suburbs that are a bit dodgy within 10km, but can think of several 10-20km radius, and of course this number and percentage increases as you go further than 20km.

Ask a real local

Jerry obviously has never had to catch a bus that wasn't on the southside bus lane :rolleyes:
Last I heard, the northside one isn't due to commence being built until about 2020. That was before the 2011 floods and the Qld Treasury ran dry.

As for suburbs further out than 10k?
What is wrong with Aspley, McDowall, Carseldine and Bridgeman Downs?
The newest part of The Gap is 11 klms from the CBD, how awful!
Tell the good ladies and gentlemen of Brookfield and Pinjarra Hills that their suburb is no good.....
I expect the 10 k rule would wipe out all of Redlands.

Trains are quite good in Brisbane. Especially the Northern lines. The bus ways are only for the plebs living on the south side ;)

I think the 10km rule can only be used for the North Side. Where Jerrybee is right in that the Southside can go very far south (20kms), as the very good road corridor that links Gold Coast to Brisbane allows quick access for those scummy southsiders.

Love these perceptions!

In Melbourne, I'm a scummy northsider. :p
If you're from the east, you're 'jam' and 'money'
If you're from the south-east, you're genteel till you reach Frangaa!, then you're bogan :eek:
If you're from the west, sorry mate, you're 'condemned' and 'beyond redemption' :D

Love these perceptions!

In Melbourne, I'm a scummy northsider. :p
If you're from the east, you're 'jam' and 'money'
If you're from the south-east, you're genteel till you reach Frangaa!, then you're bogan :eek:
If you're from the west, sorry mate, you're 'condemned' and 'beyond redemption' :D

Perception = Reality

Back