Brisbane Property solicitor costs and recommendation

Hi,

Any ideas how much it costs for a solicitor/conveyancer for purchasing a property?

Can anyone recommend a solicitor based around the Southbank to Coorparoo location?

Thanks

Solicitor / Conveyancer

Hi There,

I have just purchased a property in Mitchelton and my Broker has recommended Lauren from RC Conveyancing.

try Certus Legal darryl posts regularly on here they have all sorts of packages i payed around $1500 for the standard package

Darryl and his team do a good job - have shared quite a few mutual clients over the last year or so and all goes smoothly.

Cheers

Jamie

Any other recommendations for solicitors?

Couldn't get Darryl on the phone nor any replies to my emails.

I use Fiona Franke,

[email protected]
Tel: 07 5539 5858

She is very helpful and responsive to any questions and requests I may have.
1100 was the going price, discount offered for repeat customers

Last edited:
Hum I've had mixed feelings about Certus but I still continue to use them.

Two things I like about them:

1) Having Darryl as the principal, knowing that I'd have someone who is really good to refer to in the (hopefully rare) case that something goes wrong.

2) Only one lawyer appointed to your case. The last company I used, all cases were shared by a team of lawyers. I'd get replies from a different person every time I emailed them, I hated it.

Good to know about Fiona though, doesn't hurt to have options.

As Aehli has posted in 2 threads I will repeat my answer here

Ok

I have responded to Alehi privately but would also like to respond in a shorter form here.

I have spent over 3 hours reading all 70 odd emails on 1 of your files and 60 odd emails on the other so that I could get to the bottom of this.

The instant issue with the trust deed.
1. Your bank from the purchase that settled in late March has not yet registered the transfer, it may well be sitting in filing cabinet in an agents office somewhere. Where you have a mortgage the bank registers the transfers, they do not let us do it, nor do they inform us it is done. It is automatically assumed the banks register it straight away. They don't have a registered mortgage otherwise. We will (and are chasing this for you completely free of charge, as we do for anyone). We would also strongly suggest that you chase them hard, make formal complaints etc as you are their client, they will not listen to our complaints in the same way they will to yours.

2. In subsequent purchases we can use the dealing number of that transfer without having to provide a certified copy of a trust deed. As there was 6 weeks between settlements it was a very safe assumption that it would be registered. We are unable to certify the copy of the trust deed you sent us as we had to give the certified copy to your bank with the transfer documents at settlement so that they could register the transfers. It is not possible to certify a copy of a copy, it must be a certified copy of the original.

AGAIN
The titles office does not think your trust is the owner of the property that settled in late March. I would be extremely upset at your bank over this. Please contact them urgently. We will continue contacting them but they tend to tell us to go away after settlement unless you provide further instructions that we still act for you.

On a basic package purchase that you chose we would average around 10 or so emails on each matter we do. In yours there were 60 and 70. The communication from my team was far above and beyond what we would consider normal. I might also add that all their communication was polite, long and very explanatory.

I can see that you were sent an email with a table of the key dates the day after we received the contract, a full 2 months prior to settlement. You were on the same day sent a full length formal letter with a whole separate page of key dates that you could print out and follow. There was a lot of information in that letter, including a full booklet explaining everything.

My staff continued to respond and answer your questions politely during those 60 or 70 emails, often answering questions about information that had already been provided to you.

I am actually quite proud of the way my staff have handled these 2 matters with you after spending the last 3 hours reading these emails.

If you can go back and read all that communication and you are genuinely still not happy with the level of communication and service then I will waive 100% of your fees for this week's settlement.

If you go back and and read all of the communication and you still have the opinion that we did such a terrible job and that warranted your comments in this forum then I will not only waive your professional fees on this settlement I will pay all your search fee and your upcoming settlement will be a $0 bill.

PS

As my name is on contracts as the solicitor I get north of 300 emails a day that are not actually for me on top of numerous phone calls. They will be for the solicitor looking after them, whether they be the client who has not yet made contact, a bank, solicitor on the other side, agent, broker etc etc

Because of our descent size marketing budget, website email marketing etc I also get numerous calls a day from sales people. Often the sales people will tell reception that Darryl knows what its about, or I am returning their call etc to try and get past the people screening them.

My admin staff do a very good job of filtering this so that ones that are actually for me get through to me. But sometimes there is the odd one that should have made it through and doesn't. This does not happen when I am the solicitor acting.

Even if i am in court or meetings etc I will usually respond to emails late at night and mostly within 24 hours. I love talking property and will and do talk to plenty of people, meet with them etc have a coffee and just find out what they are doing in property.

So if you happen to have gotten mistakenly caught in my filter and I haven't responded in 24 hours then please ping me again. The best thing about what I do is that I get to talk property to other people who like property all day long.

Back