Brisbane small lot code

Hi all

I have an 809 splitter block on 2 lots in brisbane.

Block slopes down from the street frontage & looking at the neighbours driveway (newly split & 2 new houses built) - i am looking at a relatively steep driveway.

I am thinking of developing later in the year, build one house initially & the other sometime in the future.

To avoid the slopey driveway I was thinking of having a detached garage at the street frontage

Is this allowable on a small lot code?

If not, is it possible if I built House No. 1 on the block without splitting & therefore avoiding the small lot code initially & subdivided later on?

Cheers

Yes, as long as you have a slope greater than 1:4 between the house and the front boundary - see this extract from the small lot code:

AO8.4
Development involving car accommodation constrained by a steeply sloping site (a slope of 1 in 4 or greater between the front boundary and building setback):
(a) may have a double-car carport or garage with a maximum internal width of 6m (excluding eaves) that may be constructed closer to the road alignment than the house;
(b) may include a crossover for the full width of the car accommodation.
Refer to Figure e.
Note?This acceptable outcome supersedes the street frontage setback requirements in AO2.3

http://eplan.brisbane.qld.gov.au/pr...ODE~1~CITYPLAN_DYN_CONV_TEMPLATE/209538-5.png

Thanks for the reply.

what if i just a build 1 house initially on the 810 sqm block, but building the new house in a manner that i can still split into 2 405sqm lots.

would i be subject to the small lot code for the first house on 810 sqm?

Thanks for the reply.

what if i just a build 1 house initially on the 810 sqm block, but building the new house in a manner that i can still split into 2 405sqm lots.

would i be subject to the small lot code for the first house on 810 sqm?

No you would not, but you would want to comply with it anyway so that the house is compliant when you subdivide later on.

Back