Brisbane Strategy

W

WebBoard

To all the experts out there who can assist me, I am wondering what a good strategy may be to invest in property in the Brisbane market. House, Apartment, inner outer 'burbs etc etc.

Need some ideas based on quality insights.

Capital growth prospects is my priority.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Why would all the experts out there reply to an Anonymous post without a signature to distinguish it?

A community is built by selfless people offering freely of their experience and opinion. Often the only reward is a warm feeling that you've helped another human being move along the path to their goals (and maybe dreams).

I know of no human being who's parents named them Anonymous. Pick a nickname if you're worried about your identity, but don't demand help merely because you exist.

On 8/11/02 3:36:00 PM, Anonymous wrote:

PS wondering if my absence from the forum over the last few months has made me grumpy.

PaulZag
Dreamspinner
WealthEsteem :: Psychology of the Deal
http://www.wealthesteem.org/

Reply: 1.1

Paul I apologise for the indiscretion. I was actually unaware I had posted the note as 'anonymous' until you posted your note.

I have no reason or purpose to be anonymous and as a 'newbie' can only apologise.

I am still interested in any feedback I can get on the Brizzy market?

MIKE

Reply: 1.1.1

Very few people post under their own name. Don't worry about it. A handle may as well be anonymous as far as I am concerned! Paul to my knowledge hasn't complained about anyone else operating under a handle, so forgive yourself!

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Yes I was tired and grumpy.

Still I prefer an anonymous handle to an unsigned anonymous nothing.

I don't need to know the identity of someone I'm corresponding with, I merely like some sort of digital face.

PaulZag
Dreamspinner
WealthEsteem :: Psychology of the Deal
http://www.wealthesteem.org/

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

So now for the feedback............is there any...???

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

Finally a reply to your question, but sorry - its from an amateur.
Horses for courses but my in sites are as follows
- There is going to be an oversupply of units. Yes some profits can still be milked but unless you are in absolute CBD at an excellent price, I would avoid it. Its basic supply and demand.
- Houses (with land content) is the way to go. Remember that Brisy has a decreased density associated with the inner suburbs compared to other capitals. It also has a large supply of peripheral land. It also has multiple focus points ie CBD, Morton Bay, and Gold/Sunshine Coast. So for my way of thinking its as close to the CBD as you can afford, buy below or close to market value and absolutely do your homework. These are shark infested waters and they are thriving - basic supply and demand. Also watch your returns to minimise (preferably negate) holding costs. I prefer sites suitable for future development - you don't have to develop it but it is this X factor that fuels demand and capital gain.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

I have been looking for property in the Brisbane market this year. The market is moving quickly ie houses are being sold within a couple of weeks at prices near asking. My area of interest was Oxley, Inala and Durack.In my view the number of buyers are plentiful and a "bargain" is difficult to find. Given the current heat in the market I am sitting out. Perhaps the best strategy is to look elsewhere if you MUST buy now.
Greg D.

Back