Brisbane Suburbs 1000-1300 Sqr Mtrs of Land

Brisbanites can you help in pointing out a few suburbs that fit the below criteria to make a shortlist.

• Within 15-35 kilometers from the Brisbane CBD
  • Post-war 1940's 50's 60's 70's, old houses (does not matter if there are dumpy looking).
  • Block size from 1000 - 1300 square mtr block.
  • Residential Zoning
  • Median to lower affordability price range - $350k through to $500k as a general guide.
  • Areas Council encourage sub-division to higher density.
  • Saleability / affordability of newly constructed house on subdivided block important!
  • Fast Council DA approvals times (not absolutely necessary).
Being a stranger to Brisbane any suburbs and or specific areas if you like that fit this criteria will be of a good starting point to narrow down a search.

Thanks.

Last edited:
G'day Daniel,

Welcome to the forums! A little trick I (& many others use) to see the spread of properties based on certain criteria, like land size vs proximity to CBD, is to use a site like realestate.com.au or domain & search by Map, using the filters.

This is a a quick way to view a broad area, get a fast appreciation of property dispersion for your criteria in a certain area.

I just did this for Brisbane (based on your criteria) and I quickly got a feel for where properties over 1000 sqm, where located. Further filtering via, price narrows to more specific requirements.

It is hard to give actual suburbs without an indication of price, but if you do the search I mentioned, you will get an immediate visual appreciation of where to start honing your research.

I hope this helps. It works for me anyway. ;)

Criteria clarification

Thanks for the reply's! Still trying to find my feet searching in domain.com etc. Will get around in the car for a month or two once i get a general plan.

OK, added a general price range to the first post. The price could vary so no exact price in mind other then it can be subdivided and any knowledge of any faster local Councils processing DA's that coincide with the area would be handy also but not absolutly necessary.

• Median to lower affordability price range - $350k through to $500k as a general guide.
  • Areas Council encourage sub-division to higher density.
  • Fast Council DA approvals times (not absolutely necessary).
I will also either subscribe to RPData and or pricefinder.com or something else as they seem quiet good and would happily join a user group or form a new one to lighten the burden on subscription costs if i can get unlimited access few months to South East QLD and Brisbane.

Last edited:
[*]Areas Council encourage sub-division to lower density.
[*]Fast Council DA approvals times (not absolutely necessary).

I think you would mean higher density.

Most SEQld councils encourage metropolitan densification.

This has recently (within a year a two) been splashed all over hte news up here.

Councils want to increase densities in established areas around the CBD, and wanted to go away from the urban sprawl.

I have got my eye on a Council in SEQld that is bringing out a new Regional Plan next year and I wouldn't be too surprised if the zoning of land changes (and potentail for lot sizing reduced).

F

Checked out Zillmere and it instantly lead me to a couple of interesting sites post war building on sub divisible block so that's exactly the kind of stuff. Spot on Roachy!

Lot's of swimming pools i notice in Google Earth in Brisbane :).

In terms of doing more research and particularly once on the road with the LapTop will subscribe to PriceFinder.

I been on the phone to PriceFinder and they said that forming a group of ten logins each unlimited access is fine. So it's $280 a month for a Pro Pack /10 users = $28 a month opt in or out any month! I put a page together here with more details express interest here.

Think i might target a couple of larger regional towns such as Toowoomba to as there's tonnes going ahead up there and not as much hustle and bustle. Lived there 12 months and know friends there.

Hi Daniel,

Go with Pricefinder, I personally use it my self.

What is your strategy, are you planning to subdivide to sell of land or plan to build townhouses?

Hi Daniel,

Go with Pricefinder, I personally use it my self.

What is your strategy, are you planning to subdivide to sell of land or plan to build townhouses?
Hi Rex. Seems plenty of good comments about PriceFinder and it's a good price. Have four ppl interested thus far in forming a group in PriceFinder to lower the subscription costs and Opt-in Opt-out per month basis and looking for six more.

The exact strategy and plan for this is to secure the deal based on the feasibility of the numbers and to on-sell either the rear block separate or the whole block as one package with the DA in either in process and or complete.

Considering could look at some regional towns for this to now!

So strategy is generally to add value via the subdivision and DA and flip. This all takes time so over a 18-24 month window beginning from finding the deal. The sooner the better.

PriceFinder Group

I got my group pretty well sorted and i organized a better deal, The deadline to get in this month is tonight at 11PM.

Since someone suggested and there's been going Interest showing could be doing group for each state.

1 person = $165 per month
2 people = $82.50 per month
3 people = $55 per month
4 people = $41.25 per month
5 people = $33 per month
6 people = $27.50c per month
7 people = $23 per month
8 people = $20.60 per month
9 people = $18.30 per month
10 people = $16.50 per month

I've actually not got time to get away yet so I've actually pulled out myself to opt in next month or when need be but have found someone else to administer the group and set up a web page for it to. Will get to dong some kind of a booking system via a calender.

PriceFinder Group Admin

Back