Brisbane & Sunshine Coast - Buyer Agent

Hello all,

As we all know more and more people are looking north to Brisbane for their next or first investment property.

As a SMSF provider, we have many clients inquiring about Brisbane particularly with the positive press and the number of developers moving from Melbourne and Sydney markets up north to take advantage of the growth.

I would like your recommendations for a quality buyer agent with a track record of success for Brisbane (priority) and also Sunshine Coast.

We have many clients moving north but in their SMSF and personally. We have already had a number of clients purchase in bulk in Sunshine Coast as well.

It would be great if the buyer agent has a team member who speaks mandarin also, as many of our interested clients are Chinese/ Singaporean.

I'll be up there for a week in mid Feb to meet with a whole pack of people and would be great to meet also.

Look forward to hearing from you and thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ivan

Hey all

Just a quick post to see if people still recommend Allen realestate for a BA in brisbane. There was a topic in 2011 where everyone recommended him. Has anything changed since then?

Cheers

Andrew Allen is still great. No Mandarin speakers on his team though. He often has a bit of a waiting list though.

Redwood, if you get stuck we have 2 mandarin speaking lawyers who can play go between.

I could introduce you to developers of whole blocks who are happy to tie things up in presales at good value. Once they have the presales it becomes a lower risk proposition and they can get their cream on the later ones. Not having to cough up 6% in marketing and commissions doesn't hurt either.

My clients at cannon hill have some good stuff going on, 32 and 52 units.

Between the planning practice and the law firm we have a large number of clients doing things.

If you have clients who are looking further into the future then:

I have just signed on a 28 unit site in Coorparoo today so DA is a way off yet, but pretty straight forward as to what can be built so will be at OTP contract stage in 8 weeks unless I can flick the site beforehand (of course with presales I wouldn't flick it). Another 8 unit plus 2 shop site at coorparoo of mine is about a month away from going into DA. Have my 30+ townhouse site at Everton Park is coming out of DA any day now.
Am negotiating on a 12 lot land subdivision in Everton Hills at the moment.

Have offers out on a range of other sites at the moment up to the 12 storey mark, I would also be happy to buy and build to order.

There's a good range of choice at www.rebaa.com.au for people to have a chat with, and more starting in the industry as well. Probably it's not as much fun to be buying now as in 2012 but we can't change the market.

I could introduce you to developers of whole blocks who are happy to tie things up in presales at good value. Once they have the presales it becomes a lower risk proposition and they can get their cream on the later ones. Not having to cough up 6% in marketing and commissions doesn't hurt either.

My clients at cannon hill have some good stuff going on, 32 and 52 units.

Between the planning practice and the law firm we have a large number of clients doing things.

If you have clients who are looking further into the future then:

I have just signed on a 28 unit site in Coorparoo today so DA is a way off yet, but pretty straight forward as to what can be built so will be at OTP contract stage in 8 weeks unless I can flick the site beforehand (of course with presales I wouldn't flick it). Another 8 unit plus 2 shop site at coorparoo of mine is about a month away from going into DA. Have my 30+ townhouse site at Everton Park is coming out of DA any day now.
Am negotiating on a 12 lot land subdivision in Everton Hills at the moment.

Have offers out on a range of other sites at the moment up to the 12 storey mark, I would also be happy to buy and build to order.
That's awesome RPI. I think the savvy developers were tying up these development blocks in 2011-2012, though they were mainly the smaller sites, 3-6 townhouses and the like, I presume something similar for the larger sites!?

Last edited:
Back