Brisbane,Toowoomba or Cairns - Lost the plot.

Hi Guys,

Been doing plenty of research of late. I am now suffering from analysis drain. I am bouncing around all over the place. Looking for an investment with about 10 year time frame. Willing to spend about 600-650K max for 4 bedroom x 2. Sydney is just too much for what I am looking for unfortunately. Wanted to get one closer to home Caddens, Mulgoa Rise, Waterside etc but they have risen 100K in past 12 months. Have to be peaking soon. Don't want to but at the top done that a few times already and still paying for it now.

Have put some thought into these suburbs in Brisbane, Toowoomba and Cairns

Toowoomba

Highfields ? Strong recent growth consistent performer 4.10% average per year. over last 5 years

Maybe missed the boat and at its PEAK in cycle ? Anything left there now or most of growth gone ?

Cairns

Bentley park 4.95%
Brinsmead 4.9%

I know it is sometimes considered one trick town but It appears to be at the start of its recovery/run according to HTW etc The uncertainty of the Yorkeys Knob Aquis project is on going .

Brisbane

North lakes ? Like the estate, facilities and infrastructure there ?
Bracken Ridge Good Yield
Murrumba Downs
Eatons Hill average 6.60%
Cashmere 6.93%
Warner 5.84%
Forest Lakes 4.70% good yield, nice properties lower entry price

I am not looking at units, townhouses, renovations. Just quality houses ( newish) obviously CAPITAL GROWTH potential main driver. Leaning towards North lakes and Cashmere.

Or Have I got my Brisbane thoughts mixed up ?

As people have said - there is so much opinion out there about what Brisbane is doing, which state is following Sydney/Melbourne if at all. Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and have a crack.

Advice is always appreciated.

Hi Guys,

Been doing plenty of research of late. I am now suffering from analysis drain. I am bouncing around all over the place. Looking for an investment with about 10 year time frame. Willing to spend about 600-650K max for 4 bedroom x 2. Sydney is just too much for what I am looking for unfortunately. Wanted to get one closer to home Caddens, Mulgoa Rise, Waterside etc but they have risen 100K in past 12 months. Have to be peaking soon. Don't want to but at the top done that a few times already and still paying for it now.

Have put some thought into these suburbs in Brisbane, Toowoomba and Cairns

Toowoomba

Highfields ? Strong recent growth consistent performer 4.10% average per year. over last 5 years

Maybe missed the boat and at its PEAK in cycle ? Anything left there now or most of growth gone ?

Cairns

Bentley park 4.95%
Brinsmead 4.9%

I know it is sometimes considered one trick town but It appears to be at the start of its recovery/run according to HTW etc The uncertainty of the Yorkeys Knob Aquis project is on going .

Brisbane

North lakes ? Like the estate, facilities and infrastructure there ?
Bracken Ridge Good Yield
Murrumba Downs
Eatons Hill average 6.60%
Cashmere 6.93%
Warner 5.84%
Forest Lakes 4.70% good yield, nice properties lower entry price

I am not looking at units, townhouses, renovations. Just quality houses ( newish) obviously CAPITAL GROWTH potential main driver. Leaning towards North lakes and Cashmere.

Or Have I got my Brisbane thoughts mixed up ?

As people have said - there is so much opinion out there about what Brisbane is doing, which state is following Sydney/Melbourne if at all. Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and have a crack.

Advice is always appreciated.

I think with your budget you should buy blue chip house In Brisbane

Forget all the suburbs you mentioned
They are rubbish

My mate bought a house for 650k on a 600sqm block less than 2 Ks from the Brisbane CBD a few months back

Why waste your time spending 450 k on house and land garbage ?

Hi Guys,

Been doing plenty of research of late. I am now suffering from analysis drain. I am bouncing around all over the place.

I hear you! Made myself nauseous lately with IP resarch overload. Trying to step back & get some perspective ATM & realise I don't have to act immediately & that if one boat leaves there will always be another :p

Hi Strongy & Toon

I already have a couple of dud IP's. Feel like I am always one step behind. The media frenzy and crazy Sydney prices creates the pressure to get in the game and get the property before it reaches the Sydney stage.

There are arguments for Canberra - Adelaide - Brisbane and regional NSW and QLD. You can pay for reports, you can pay for BA's, you read the web until you go cross eyed. At some point, you have to have a crack, make a decision and hope you did the right one.

Cliff where are you mate ? you are one of the most knowledgeable persons on this forum .... need you pearls of wisdom..

Thanks

I think with your budget you should buy blue chip house In Brisbane

Forget all the suburbs you mentioned
They are rubbish

My mate bought a house for 650k on a 600sqm block less than 2 Ks from the Brisbane CBD a few months back

Why waste your time spending 450 k on house and land garbage ?

Yes for your budget look for a better middle ring suburb in Brisbane for around 500 k or more for slightly closer to the CBD

Unfortunately, there is no silver bullet when it comes to producing comprehensive and 'conclusive' research that will lead to a 100% 'certain' desired outcome in property investing.

It is like any investment class; you do as much research from as many reliable, diverse, and (what I call) 'storytelling' sources as possible. You then weigh the strength of this story against others you've done, and if it stacks up and outshines the others, then this is where and when you should take action.

If capital growth is your main factor then forget Bentley Park (bad area), Brinsmead or anywhere in Cairns for that matter. With your budget I'd sticking with Brisbane.

Back