Brisbane West?

Gday all,

As I see a lot of threads are going for Brisbane south - Logan etc and Brisbane north - strathpine and north along the new rail line.

Whats happening out west?? Around say Ipswich?

Looking to purchase an IP house and I am looking <$300k with good CF and good CG in the short term (say <3years)

I am not to familiar with the area and have just started looking around and see that Goodna, redbank riverview are <300k median for 3 bed house with return at 6-6.5%. Should I stick closer to Ipswich itself?? It is also sitting around similar numbers? They are close to the motorway and have train line. What else is happening out that way??

I was looking at deception bay but feel I could miss the boat over the next few months plus I dont want to be joining the masses trying to stake their claim. Up there I would have to go above 300 and the return is slightly lower 5.5%

Finances arent super great so I want to keep it <300k and find the next "Logan" "Mt Druitt" "Blacktown" etc before things get crazy

Also in general is Ipswich the equivalent of Parramatta? as in proximity to the city etc. Im originally from Sydney, or is it more Penrith being on the outskirts of Brissy?? Am I close to the mark

Gday all,

As I see a lot of threads are going for Brisbane south - Logan etc and Brisbane north - strathpine and north along the new rail line.

Whats happening out west?? Around say Ipswich?

Looking to purchase an IP house and I am looking <$300k with good CF and good CG in the short term (say <3years)

I am not to familiar with the area and have just started looking around and see that Goodna, redbank riverview are <300k median for 3 bed house with return at 6-6.5%. Should I stick closer to Ipswich itself?? It is also sitting around similar numbers? They are close to the motorway and have train line. What else is happening out that way??

I was looking at deception bay but feel I could miss the boat over the next few months plus I dont want to be joining the masses trying to stake their claim. Up there I would have to go above 300 and the return is slightly lower 5.5%

Finances arent super great so I want to keep it <300k and find the next "Logan" "Mt Druitt" "Blacktown" etc before things get crazy

Also in general is Ipswich the equivalent of Parramatta? as in proximity to the city etc. Im originally from Sydney, or is it more Penrith being on the outskirts of Brissy?? Am I close to the mark

Before you get carried away... Think of a few reasons why black town and druitt went up so much
Can these same reasons be applied in the Brisbane market?

Definitely more of a Penrith if even considered a part of Brisbane at all

I don't regard this as West Brisbane but Ipswich and surrounds. Some people have done very well out there. The market fluctuates a lot more than Brisbane and has seen some decent price falls in the bad parts of the cycle. It is a very different market to Brisbane but doesn't mean you can't do well. I would search some of the threads on here on Ipswich and see what you come up with.

Hi Bob

There are a few threads already on Ipswich. With the yields looking decent, it's my pick as well. We have bought in Ipswich over the last couple of years and have seen a 7% capital growth and yields to match so not complaining. Be aware of flood affected properties and remember - a rising tide lifts all vessels. So if Ipswich does go the way of Sydney's west - Blacktown, Mount Druitt and Penrith, I am confident you will see growth.

Hi Bob

There are a few threads already on Ipswich. With the yields looking decent, it's my pick as well. We have bought in Ipswich over the last couple of years and have seen a 7% capital growth and yields to match so not complaining. Be aware of flood affected properties and remember - a rising tide lifts all vessels. So if Ipswich does go the way of Sydney's west - Blacktown, Mount Druitt and Penrith, I am confident you will see growth.

Not **** canning Ipswich (think some big blocks could be worthwhile) but how is it similar to black town or Penrith other than being a long way from the CBD and cheap ??

Sydney had little land supply , Brisbane surrounds still has supply for decades
So don't hold your breath for buying hysteria in ipswich

Not **** canning Ipswich (think some big blocks could be worthwhile) but how is it similar to black town or Penrith other than being a long way from the CBD and cheap ??

Sydney had little land supply , Brisbane surrounds still has supply for decades
So don't hold your breath for buying hysteria in ipswich

agreed. comparing ipswitch [ and even inala and logan to a degree] to blacktown, Penrith etc is a mistake.

Brisbane will need to have massive explosion of population for that to happen- and that too year on year for a decade or more, not just a year or two. Remember that as the population of Brisbane grows, the first priorities will be suburbs closer to the CBD, and as those suburbs get expensive people will have to move further and further...just like what is happening in Sydney at the moment. And also as said above, Sydney has land supply issues which are making rampant growth in new supply cost prohibitive for developers, not so for Brisbane. Additionally, there are still many more areas closer to the CBD such as some eastern suburbs that are undeveloped which will see devt more quickly than ipswitch.

Brisbane is does not have the topographical restrictions of Sydney. The Toowoomba range is a long way away and we could develop almost endless blocks of land between here and there.

The new Ripley development has thousands of blocks for release at $150k ish price point, I can't see supply being an issue in Ipswich for decades

Back