Brisbane Where to Buy What to Buy Help!!!

Hello, we are looking at going ahead and making the trip up to see a number of properties to buy one as an investment, this will be our first one. Pls can you advise me what you would do. Buy a townhouse nearer to the city at approx 360,000, or would you go out a bit and buy a four bedroom home for around 425,000. We have been speaking to a number of people who seem to have purchased a brand new townhouse approx 20 mins drive to the city which is managed on site. Is this a good idea or not. Really appreciate your help on this one.

Hi Carolynn

What research/due diligence have you done on the area/s you are going to look at? What steered you to those areas?

A townhouse close to the city or the house out a bit further could both be good buys depending on figures, growth (past and predicted future), infrastructure, vacancy rates etc etc etc.

I think you'll get a wide variety of opinions which may confuse you, that's why I asked about the research you have (hopefully) done.

Regards
Marty

hi Carolynn

just a thought - maybe a mod can move this thread into another spot on the forum where it'll get more hits. I think this is for help with the website.

As to your question - I'd take the house option as long as I was building it, not buying established.

Will wait to hear back to your responses from Marty - Brisbane's just so spread out its hard to say whats good or bad or whatever.

Generally everywhere in Brisbane is good though! :)

Last edited:
Hello, we are looking at going ahead and making the trip up to see a number of properties to buy one as an investment, this will be our first one. Pls can you advise me what you would do. Buy a townhouse nearer to the city at approx 360,000, or would you go out a bit and buy a four bedroom home for around 425,000. We have been speaking to a number of people who seem to have purchased a brand new townhouse approx 20 mins drive to the city which is managed on site. Is this a good idea or not. Really appreciate your help on this one.

Why Brisbane? Plenty of places in your own city that rank equal in my opinion, though perhaps not as affordable in your immediate area :D
Go a little further west, stick to the train lines and you might be pleasantly surprised at what you'll find virtually in your own backyard.

Back