Broad Meadows

My information is years out of date, but Broady was once quoted as having the highest crime rate per capita in Victoria.

There's far better places to invest.

My information is years out of date, but Broady was once quoted as having the highest crime rate per capita in Victoria.

There's far better places to invest.

I find crime rates confusing. A criminal could live in a dodgy suburb but might only rob properties in prestigious suburbs. A smart criminal would never commit a crime in their own neighbourhood.

I find crime rates confusing. A criminal could live in a dodgy suburb but might only rob properties in prestigious suburbs. A smart criminal would never commit a crime in their own neighbourhood.

I think it's fair to say that most criminals aren't smart, in fact most that I've observed are actually outright stupid...

...and Broadmeadows isn't a prestigious suburb.

None burnt... Lol

My car was stolen last month at 2pm outside the swimming pool and police found it next day in Preston.

I can tell you the criminals in Broady are just stupid. They targeted at old cars for joy ride.

Ask the locals, they can tell you the crime rate is not just statistic.

Seriously? That's no good.
Is it happened in public places, or at home (off-site street parking)?
:eek:

When I was at Uni, my car was stolen by a couple of kids from Broad Meadows from off-street parking in Carlton. It showed up abandoned 48 hours later.

The car was a mess but no damage. The worst of the clean up was by way of removing the police finger print dust from almost every surface.

The kids were caught and all but one pleaded guilty and had to perform community service (they were aged ranges 16-20). The one that pleaded not guilty never showed for her hearing which caused an arrest warrant to be issued and I had to spend a day at the magistrates court waiting to make a statement that my car had been stolen. I never did find out what happened after that.

In the grand scheme of things, it was only a modest inconvenience for me, but I do wonder if the criminal records those kids now have are affecting the rest of their lives. I hope they cleaned up their act.

Just because you (no-one in particular, just the investor), does not or would not live there doesn't make it a bad investment.

You need to be objective when investing and remember that it's not you living in your IP and there's all kinds of people in Australia wanting all different kinds of housing.

In saying that, I'm not saying Broady is a good place to invest in, I'm just saying don't discount it or write it off completely because you personally wouldn't live there.

Just because you (no-one in particular, just the investor), does not or would not live there doesn't make it a bad investment.

You need to be objective when investing and remember that it's not you living in your IP and there's all kinds of people in Australia wanting all different kinds of housing.

In saying that, I'm not saying Broady is a good place to invest in, I'm just saying don't discount it or write it off completely because you personally wouldn't live there.

How true everyone said the same thing about Mt Druitt in Sydney not many wanted to touch the area but look at it now,do your own due diligence make up your own mind and purchase what you feel is right for you.
Macca446

When I was at Uni, my car was stolen by a couple of kids from Broad Meadows from off-street parking in Carlton. It showed up abandoned 48 hours later.

The car was a mess but no damage. The worst of the clean up was by way of removing the police finger print dust from almost every surface.

The kids were caught and all but one pleaded guilty and had to perform community service (they were aged ranges 16-20). The one that pleaded not guilty never showed for her hearing which caused an arrest warrant to be issued and I had to spend a day at the magistrates court waiting to make a statement that my car had been stolen. I never did find out what happened after that.

In the grand scheme of things, it was only a modest inconvenience for me, but I do wonder if the criminal records those kids now have are affecting the rest of their lives. I hope they cleaned up their act.

PT this is exactly my point!! Your car was stolen from Carlton by thieves living in Broad Meadows. Which suburb gets the crime stat??

I did a stint at the Broadmeadows tavern whilst travelling around Australia in the mid 90s and even caught the train there from Newport and lived to tell the tail!

The deep seated thought that I was invincible helped as well as 10 years of brutal Muay Thai training/fighting under my belt :p

Back