Brokers Again

W

WebBoard

We are about to buy our first IP and have been dealing with "Heritage Financial Group". Has anyone got any information about them? It looks like a good "package" because they give you the "log book" to record everything needed for the taxman. My "gut" feeling is that it would be a good way to learn about all this by using their package. My husband is less eager, and it's been hard to find out much about the company.
I would be grateful for any information.
Thanks-you,
Deborah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

I doubt if you will find anyone on this forum to recommend them.
I know nothing about the company, but I do know there are lots of companies who make their money from unsuspecting 'astute investors'.

So things to do before making any investment -

Ask them how much they make out of the deal ?
Ask them for a list of ALL they previous customers.
Look in the local paper for prices of similar properties.
Never believe anyone who says 'its the deal of a lifetime'.
Just because you're saving tax, doesn't necessarily mean it's a good investment.
Remember that generally apartments & units have lower capital growth than houses with land.
Browse the rest of this forum for ideas views on marketing companies/clubs.

Also don't expect too much response here - some people on this forum have been sued and threatened by companies after speaking out.

Reply: 1.1

Thanks, Keith.
I realise that people need to be careful. It's just that as "first-timers" we thought it might be an idea to get this sort of "package" to start with.
I've taken on board what you've said.
Thanks again for the advice.
Deborah.

Back