Brookwater, QLD?

Does anyone have their finger on Brookwaters pulse (Ispwich CC, QLD)?

My mother has a PPOR there and is facing a rough time financially, and may have to sell her fairly new property.

It's not an area that I've been otherwise inclined to look into, but I need to weigh up whether I can nurse her along (if the suburb is likely to do well plus she may get back on her feet), or whether she bites the bullet and sells up now.

B

I built in Brookwater 10 years ago and my house has been a rental for the last 7. Capital growth is restricted until the developer can sell the rest of the remaining blocks of land, and there's a fair bit of stock left. So potential buyers can be like "Do I like this design or can I just buy a block of land and build my own?"

Selling is a bit tough, expect to take at least 3 months. Can she rent her place out?

A lot of development just down the road at Springfield. Shopping centre doubling in size, a Bunnings going in, new hospital I think, and some big corporate investment coming.

If she can hang on for a few more years, I think prices will grow well.

I heardabout the resort, but still don't get it.

Plenty of other resorts on the north and south coast.

Ipswich not really a tourist destination.

I heardabout the resort, but still don't get it.

Plenty of other resorts on the north and south coast.

Ipswich not really a tourist destination.

Brookwater is one of the best golf courses in the country (and #1 in Queensland); a resort will help attract big names from overseas.

Land prices in the surrounding suburbs have gone up. Augustine Heights range from $260k to $330k on sloping blocks and now has become comparable to Brookwater in price.

However, Brookwater is a far better area and I expect prices to start going up slowly over the next 3 years

Spent the day there today.

It's a nice area, feels very different from the other Ipswich.

Nice houses, all very well maintained and landscaped. Good community feel with friendly punters getting about with their kids on and off golf buggies, greeting each other as they pass.

The golf course looked great over the fence.

Loads of places for sale, apparently very quiet and slow the preceding three years - but prices starting to move, which now looks like a lot of 'pent up selling'.

I'd consider living here if I worked in the region.

Anyway, I've offered her some plans.

Nice to see you made the effort! Blocks are on community title, and landscaping plans have to be approved by the Brookwater Development Panel. No open brick or pine fences, strict covenants, and so on.

Which stage is your mum in?

Back