Brush Turkey Problem

Are you sure it's not a jive turkey?

There's been a lot of those reported around Nundah recently Mark. Where do you live now?

I could always put up some chicken (or turkey) wire fence around the main vege patch if it became a major issue. :)

nah, they're pretty good fliers.

Too right about the snake. I spotted one big python around my waterfall today - which is about 50m from the turkey mound. One of my resident water dragons was keeping a very close eye on it from a higher rock. A bit unusual to see the big fella around in the wet and cold.

I don't mind the pythons. They keep urban vermin down.
They tend to look for sunny spots in winter. We had a 10+ footer in the scrub at Taringa. I helped him across the road once cos I was concerned a car would come around the corner and get him....plus there was a noisy student house across the road.
:)

WW,
They might be good fliers but I couldn't imagine them having the skills to flick all the mulch over a 4 foot high fence. :)

GuineaCalling.JPEG

We have these around my folks small rural property, they eat most bugs.

They were apparently used for meat and egg production but they were also used as guards to protect livestock from thieves, hawks and snakes. This is because very little goes unnoticed and they can easily raise an alarm with their peculiar screaming when disturbed.

Affectionally known by my folks as"Silly Chooks"

Back