Bubbles in the market

Had some problems getting that link to work.

Well, some of the junk being sold around the larger cities can surely be considered a bubble in the making.

But, relative to real wages, a 20% reversal would be more than adequate a correction. So, yes, the downside is limited.

The Aussie property bubble of today, if it could be called that, is nowhere as extreme as the Japanese property bubble which popped in 1990.

it's just a jealousy thing that the colonists got it right.

also glosses over immigration and demand and the fact that australia powers the world!

OZ POWAH!

I find it amazing that they talk about the Australian housing market as one market. There are dozens of markets at different stages of the property cycle operating in Australia at any one time, to throw them all in one pot is crazy in my opinion, so many factors influencing each market that to bundle them all together is convenient but inaccurate.

I find it amazing that they talk about the Australian housing market as one market. There are dozens of markets at different stages of the property cycle operating in Australia at any one time, to throw them all in one pot is crazy in my opinion, so many factors influencing each market that to bundle them all together is convenient but inaccurate.

Wise words indeed. Pity journalists seem not to know this basic fact.

Back