Bubye KRudd

Rudds only problem is the same as when he had a small amount of power in Qld several years ago,he has become vulnerable to the back-door-ex unions 2 faced thugs and has never understood basic economics none in the Labors ship of fools do,Miss Gillard being a left brain interpreter is no different from a tarot card reader in a astrology tent at the local sideshow flea market..willair..

I was hoping for the votes to be really close, or for Rudd to just make it over the line. That way the Labor party would be well and truly split.

I'm female and there's no way I'd vote for Goolia. What a waste for our first female PM. As much as I hated living in the USA I really wish I had a green card or ability to work elsewhere now.

If for some strange reason she manages to get in next election we'll be selling up and moving elsewhere. Unions running this country - no thanks!

No ones keeping you here. Knock your self out babe.

I'm female and there's no way I'd vote for Goolia. What a waste for our first female PM. As much as I hated living in the USA I really wish I had a green card or ability to work elsewhere now.

If for some strange reason she manages to get in next election we'll be selling up and moving elsewhere. Unions running this country - no thanks!

Do you really think women are that stupid? That we'll vote for someone just because they're female no matter what they say and do? :(

I admit, I HATE Kevin Rudd, always have, and think it's brilliant he's coming to this embarassing end. I prefer Julia Gillard, and admit it's great we may have a female prime minster, but I still don't like her and certainly won't be voting her for her! I'll be voting liberal at the next election.
I know you are an independent lady and will vote your conscience, Biggles, but sadly not everyone does. Some of the female voters will vote Labor because of her just as some men won't. On balance, it will work in her favour, at least during the honeymoon period.

Same horse, different jockey.

Hopefully they'll flog it to death.

My concern is: Will the Australian people be blinded by the new leadership?

Will the BER go and will the Mining Tax go or be "diluted."

Regards JO

Hard to say isn't it.

Ex-PM sitting on the back bench? Not likely - a bit humiliating for him.

Front bench? Where would he fit in? Foreign minister perhaps? Not sure about that either.

Someone with a little more panache might be able to stay in the system but I can't see him hanging around. He'll spit the dummy and resign. (Just a guess :))

Someone with a little more panache might be able to stay in the system but I can't see him hanging around. He'll spit the dummy and resign. (Just a guess :))

I agree...the fame and power is gone and he and his wife has enough money. Unless, he really wants to do public service I doubt he will hang around much longer.

Cheers,
Oracle.

Same horse, different jockey.

Hopefully they'll flog it to death.

My concern is: Will the Australian people be blinded by the new leadership?

Will the BER go and will the Mining Tax go or be "diluted."

Regards JO

She was after all one of the gang of 4 that supported these issues in the first place, so whichever way she goes about things, it won't be smooth sailing.

I agree...the fame and power is gone and he and his wife has enough money. Unless, he really wants to do public service I doubt he will hang around much longer.

Cheers,
Oracle.

I see simalarities between him and Mark Latham, that makes me think he won't hang around.

Interesting action on the ASX today. As you would expect BHP and Rio are up about 2% on an otherwise down day but there is a smaller miner I watch which is up over 3%. It is a hard working, honest company that could never be said to make "super profits".

Another is a prospector which, if Rudd/Swan are to be believed would benefit by this tax, it is up 6%. And all this before Julia makes any statement. What an absurdity for Labor to claim that the tax is not a big disincentive to mining. :eek:

Do you really think women are that stupid? That we'll vote for someone just because they're female no matter what they say and do? :(

I admit, I HATE Kevin Rudd, always have, and think it's brilliant he's coming to this embarassing end. I prefer Julia Gillard, and admit it's great we may have a female prime minster, but I still don't like her and certainly won't be voting her for her! I'll be voting liberal at the next election.

Hi Biggles and Wylie,

Yes I do think that most younger women are that stupid.

For a prime example just look at NSW, if you think that Federal Labor is bad then have a look at NSW. They make the Feds look like geniuses !!

Yet when they replaced the last puppet with the newest puppet her ratings were huge with most female voters in the 18-35 bracket.

When asked why, they simply said "we like her", so assuming that the vast majority had never met her, they must have judged her on face value or something else.

I accept that thinking women won't be swayed by the fact that Julia is a female but, unfortunately there is a huge number of people who don't even watch the news, let alone actually think and form their own opinion on things.

Yet when they replaced the last puppet with the newest puppet her ratings were huge with most female voters in the 18-35 bracket.

I'm in that age bracket but maybe I'm a minority with a brain, which is quite sad. I see your point, but as someone else pointed out there are probably as many men who won't vote for her because she's female. Same old story, some people can't see past the gender... as much as we like to think we have moved on from that, some people probably never will. :rolleyes:

She was after all one of the gang of 4 that supported these issues in the first place, so whichever way she goes about things, it won't be smooth sailing.

Hopefully the liberals pick up on this, and start brandishing about the same type of comments about her fully suporting and instigating the failures that are:
- the "building the education revolution" debacle
- the mining super profits tax of death
- the "way gave up on it" ETS
- the failled national health reform

.... then hopefully the less informed public will vote with their head, instead of just "oh she's new, i'll vote for her!".

Hopefully Abbott capitalises on this leadership change, and also capaigns that the national Labour party is showing a striking resemblence to the shambles that is the NSW labor party.

Back