Bubye KRudd

Wow!. This is like being on death row and being told,....

"Hey, you won the appeal".
"They are going to use lethal injection, and not the electric chair. Well done mate".

See ya's.

3 years of recklessness and only now he gets shown the door....:rolleyes:

Didn't anyone ever remember Gillard nodding in agreement behind krudd whenever he spoke....more of the same I'm afraid...:eek:

Will Rudd resign? Why would he stay? He will be humiliated.

Thérèse Rein has a 60 million dollar fortune, and Kev will get a massive pension for life plus the generous pollies super.

I feel a bit sorry for him now. He'd have been the little nerd at school who got beat up by the bullies. By being in the right place at the right time, mainly channel sevens 'sunrise' he stumbled into the big job. Now he'd be thinking he's back at school being beat up again by the bullies.

It might not be so obvious yet, but I believe history will show him as the most economically incompetant prime minister of all time.

See ya's.

Love a quote I heard this morning on the radio, not exact but to the effect of;

“The Australian public voted me in to do a job, now it seems my fellow politicians are doing a job on me”

Just another pollie to me. :cool:

Cheers

Mick

Despite all, I doubt most left voters understand what is driving this.

I think the chance of Guillard winning the election are nil.
The Coalition could pit Pauline Hanson against her and win.

It might not be so obvious yet, but I believe history will show him as the most economically incompetant prime minister of all time.

I agree TC. One positive is if loses know they want try and make him a hero later like Whitlam.

The change is primarily about the ALP's perception that they are dead in the water now under Rudd and that Gillard is a better choice. Secondary is obviously the Rudd style of leadership within the ALP.

If Gillard is elected, she will be a harder opponent for the opposition undoubtedly, whether that is enough to change the ALP's standing in the polls we won't know for at least a few months to be honest.

The female factor will be an interesting one and how that plays out. It changes the tactics that Abbott will need to employ. She isn't a light weight despite what you may think about her politics. Her past about being a communist, unionist etc is irrelevant. As was evidenced by the Lib campaign at the last election about the predominance of union members on the ALP front bench. That didn't cut through at all. As will any commentary about the union influence, faceless faction leaders as king or (queen maker) if JG is elected.

Given Gillard was (based on what has been written in the media) was one with Rudd on many of the big issues, how well this can be expolited by her political opponents will be one of the key factors in how she is viewed by the electorate. Or is she another Christine Keneally? She is going to have to change the current ALP policies eg RSPT

Assuming a November election, 5 months is an eternity in politics. Watch the ALP machine, re-write the Rudd history over the next few weeks and months. His legacy is already being pooped upon by his own party.

I wonder what Peter Costello is doing today?

Hi,

Not good for Liberals, Rudd is/was toxic to the public, I thought Liberals could win the next election.

If Gillard wins then most women will vote for her at the next election which means another 3 years of wasted money and Utopian schemes.

Just when the rest of the world is realizing that you can't reduce debt by borrowing more money :( we will be splashing it around to buy more votes.

We really need someone to put the long term good of the state/country first, doesn't seem to happen any more does it.

If Gillard wins then most women will vote for her at the next election which means another 3 years of wasted money and Utopian schemes.

Do you really think women are that stupid? That we'll vote for someone just because they're female no matter what they say and do? :(

I admit, I HATE Kevin Rudd, always have, and think it's brilliant he's coming to this embarassing end. I prefer Julia Gillard, and admit it's great we may have a female prime minster, but I still don't like her and certainly won't be voting her for her! I'll be voting liberal at the next election.

Back