Buddina, Sunshine Coast - first IP

Hi all,

Long time reader first time poster.

I am a newbie and planning to purchase my first IP within the next few months or so. I am looking to spend up to $450K for a house in Buddina or surrounding suburbs. I did a quick forum search and didn't find much information on the area but I am keen to purchase in Sunshine Coast as I think it is a nice area and still pretty affordable. Would anyone be able to give some insights on the pros/cons?

This one in particular seems pretty good to me.
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-buddina-114484583
I have also checked on recently sold properties along the same street / neighbourhood and they have sold for quite a bit more than the asking price.

Thanks all.

Massive development in the region up there with the university hospital precinct been built.

I think the best areas would be down in the Kawana Waters area and around northern suburbs of Caloundra.

Buddina is popular with FIFO workers that work out of the region and fly back to the coast for time off.

PM me your email address if you like and I can send you some further information.

Have a read of the agency spiel about it being in a quiet culdesac then have a close look at the map provided.
Looking at google maps, Karalise Ct is actually a culdesac and you cannot get to it from Nicklin Way by car. Having said that the property is actually on the corner of Karalise and Malinya so it could get a bit noisy if Malinya Dr has a bit of traffic.

I am looking to spend up to $450K for a house in Buddina or surrounding suburbs. I did a quick forum search and didn't find much information on the area but I am keen to purchase in Sunshine Coast as I think it is a nice area and still pretty affordable. Would anyone be able to give some insights on the pros/cons?

This is my part of the world and I did a lot of my research before moving here 7 years ago. I can give you a long list of pros and cons but they would just be my point of view.

Is there a particular reason that you like that property or have narrowed on that area?

Last year the most searched place in Australia on realestate.com was BUDERIM.

Mountain Creek State School and especially the Mountain Creek high school are very popular - especially with the foreigners moving to Aus, and the southerners moving up here. The school catchment covers parts of Buderim (Buderim Meadows), Mountain Creek, Brightwater, some parts of Mooloolaba, Minyama. The area is also very close to one highly sought after private school.

It is a very central part of the Sunshine Coast, almost 10 minutes from everthing. Close to the Uni, beach and the new hospital.

I could ramble on with loads of info, but is there anything specific I can help you with?

Sunshine

Back