Budget around $800k - Glenwood ?

Hi Guys,

Glenwood seems to be convenient for hubby (job in city via M2/M7) and me (job in Bella Vista). Any better options around Glenwood for 3 bedroom house ( family of 2 adults and a child ) for living ( no IP)?

Randy

We know this area very very well :D having bought for many clients across the last decade and, along with the rest of the buying population, have seen the huge rises in prices paid particularly in the last 6-9mths. Demand has outstripped supply for this entry-level buying price bracket so expect a basic house for your $800K budget. You will need to compromise on either land size/usable yard, position (more likely to be on Sunnyholt Rd side rather than Tuscan Waters/Old Windsor Rd side) or condition. You will get one, however I wouldn't leave the search too long as you can see what the ripple effect of adjoining suburbs have done for these areas. Buying into neighbouring Baulkham Hills, for example, for even $100-200K more is now fast becoming a pipedream for buyers.

Also consider Acacia Gardens, Parklea and Stanhope Gardens if you are willing to go a little further afield. If shiny and new/ish isn't so important to you, also consider the older but more established suburb of Kings Langley. Bigger land blocks for your money but again good houses in this price bracket (up to $800K) becoming harder to find. Quakers Hill cheaper again and you will get something but for this budget you can afford to stick to the "newer" side (as the locals refer to Farnham Rd side LOL). All depends on how far you're willing to travel.

I'd suggest taking a drive through all of the above and developing a feel for the suburbs before making a decision. Good luck! (you'll need it in this market:D)

We know this area very very well :D having bought for many clients across the last decade and, along with the rest of the buying population, have seen the huge rises in prices paid particularly in the last 6-9mths. Demand has outstripped supply for this entry-level buying price bracket so expect a basic house for your $800K budget. You will need to compromise on either land size/usable yard, position (more likely to be on Sunnyholt Rd side rather than Tuscan Waters/Old Windsor Rd side) or condition. You will get one, however I wouldn't leave the search too long as you can see what the ripple effect of adjoining suburbs have done for these areas. Buying into neighbouring Baulkham Hills, for example, for even $100-200K more is now fast becoming a pipedream for buyers.

Also consider Acacia Gardens, Parklea and Stanhope Gardens if you are willing to go a little further afield. If shiny and new/ish isn't so important to you, also consider the older but more established suburb of Kings Langley. Bigger land blocks for your money but again good houses in this price bracket (up to $800K) becoming harder to find. Quakers Hill cheaper again and you will get something but for this budget you can afford to stick to the "newer" side (as the locals refer to Farnham Rd side LOL). All depends on how far you're willing to travel.

I'd suggest taking a drive through all of the above and developing a feel for the suburbs before making a decision. Good luck! (you'll need it in this market:D)

Hello, I m wondering how the location along sunnyholt rd compare to the Tuscan water side.. I did noticed the sunnyholt road ends are slightly older and less tidier look... thanks...

Capital growth will probably be better in Rouse Hill due to the Town Centre and train line.

There are some 3-bedders in your price range. Also H&L packages, although these are near Bunnings and on the extremity of the suburb.

Add at least 15-20 minutes to travel time compared to Glenwood due to the traffic on Old Windsor Road approaching Sunnyholt Road.

Capital growth will probably be better in Rouse Hill due to the Town Centre and train line.

There are some 3-bedders in your price range. Also H&L packages, although these are near Bunnings and on the extremity of the suburb.

Add at least 15-20 minutes to travel time compared to Glenwood due to the traffic on Old Windsor Road approaching Sunnyholt Road.

Agree, if you could stretch your budget a little- I would buy under the Hills District.

Hello, I m wondering how the location along sunnyholt rd compare to the Tuscan water side.. I did noticed the sunnyholt road ends are slightly older and less tidier look... thanks...

It's almost like two different suburbs within one.. the Tuscan water side has a different demographic and feel to the one closer to Sunnyholt.
I personally prefer the Tuscan side..

Back