Build & Pest Inspect or not.

Hi Forum

I have just did some minor renos on my IP, more a patch up job really. It has been rented out before with 2 tenants living there up to now. it is currently vacant. before i put it back to on the rental mkt should i build & pest inspect the property.?

cos i didnt do this when i purchased it. (i know, stupid). place is red brick built prob in 50/60's im told and still in a livable state.

and is this cost reclaimable on tax?

cheers

If it's an IP than the cost should be deductible.

Obviously it's more important to get a report prior to purchase - but couldn't hurt getting one now as it could identify issues that need immediate attention.

Cheers

Jamie

I wouldn't bother. They're good for telling you why you shouldn't buy a property and a good bargaining chip to drive the price down, but one you own it, there's not that much of a point.
Would you do it in your PPOR that you've lived in for 20 years?

I wouldn't bother. They're good for telling you why you shouldn't buy a property and a good bargaining chip to drive the price down, but one you own it, there's not that much of a point.
Would you do it in your PPOR that you've lived in for 20 years?

probably not. lol.

cheers.

If you are in a termite prone area might be worth getting a pest inspection, but wouldnt bother with building

Back