Builders in Brisbane who will follow drawn up plans?

Hi,

I posted the other day as I am looking at buyign a plot of land with DA and approved plans but I have now called 5 different house builders and all have given me various reasons as to why they wont build according to the plans - they will only construct their own designs.

Has anyone bought land with plans? I cant be the first person to look at this...

If you have, who did you use? And any feedback, good or bad will be great.

Thanks a lot

do you have to use those plans? it will work out cheaper just to use the builder's plans.

I am not sure how it works with architecturalplans but architectural designed houses are usually 2.5 times min for expensive than project homes.

You could put up a tender.

SC

I suggest you allow the builder to redraw the plans. Somewhere down the track the builder will use the excuse “its because of your plans” Depending on who the builder is the drafting should only cost you somewhere between $500 and $1200. This is a small price to pay to keep things simple and keep the builder honest.

Has anyone bought land with plans? I cant be the first person to look at this...
Just try other builders. Some builders only build their own plans, while other builders will build according to your approved designs. I found recently that about 20% of builders won't price our plans. But the 80% remaining gives us a good cross section to choose from.

Sue78 - if the plans are already approved through Council, you can't just replace them with the builder's plans as it would mean expense of redrawing and resubmitting to Council with additional fees and time wasted.

Also, I designed a dual occ recently that we are about to build and the price per square metre has turned out the same as if we were to build the builder's design so I'm pretty happy at that :)

Back