Builder's terms - what does that mean?

Have heard the term "Builder's Terms" in relation to blocks of land being put up for sale. Can you please tell me what is meant by that?
Frizzle

Could literally be anything from them providing some vendor finance to wants 100% cash upfront :D

You'll need to ring and ask - which is probably why it is advertised like that :)

Have heard the term "Builder's Terms" in relation to blocks of land being put up for sale. Can you please tell me what is meant by that?
Frizzle

The land has been developed by a specific builder and houses have to be built on them by that builder.
That's what I believe it to mean.Correct me if I am wrong:)

It generally means that the builder pays a deposit but then can build on the land and does not have to pay the balance of the land cost for a period, such as 9 months, or a year or when the dwelling is sold/settled.

Primarily used to encourage builders of Spec homes in a new Subdivision.

Needless to say, very popular with spec home builders as their holding costs are significantly reduced.

These terms are generally less available in subdivisions that are booming.

cheers

RightValue

Thanks RightValue, that would be what applies to this situation. The developer is wanting to get some of his blocks "sold" relatively quickly.
Frizzle

Back