Building a Duplex

I'm a bit out of touch, but what's the min frontage for a duplex in the Shire?
Also, have you scoped out your drainage options for your site as it looks a little rearward sloping.

I'm a bit out of touch, but what's the min frontage for a duplex in the Shire?
Also, have you scoped out your drainage options for your site as it looks a little rearward sloping.

15m is the minimum frontage. Yes have spoken to a Town Planner and sloping block wont prevent development but may add to costs which I have included on a provisional basis.

How do you know address?

15m is the minimum frontage.
What's the plan to overcome this, wait for the new DCP?
Yes have spoken to a Town Planner and sloping block wont prevent development but may add to costs which I have included on a provisional basis.

How do you know address?
I got my game on.

In red above.

Yeah apparently it rained this week so our driveways got put off again
Re scheduled for friday so fingers crossed no rain so i can get some tenants in

Got your message today rob cheers trying ta suss out my options on that
Demo cost me 16,000 with some asbestos
Landscape and fences all up 25,000 with 2 small retatining walls
Block cost 695,000
Construction including all variations im at about 650,000 ish ill get a final figure in the next few weeks
10,000 to council
Interest ill calculate next month but probably since we bought block until now
60,000 ish
Stamp duty 24,000
About 1.46m
I am trying to hold mine until xmas 1 more rate cut a bit of buyer craziness then sell before xmas maybe
Been advised 1000 a week each
And value at 1.15m each i think
When im in sydney rob ill try and break down those variations for you drop edge beams
Higher ceilings
Had to upgrade stormwater and tanks etc

I'm assuming you went the project home builder route. Did they use the double gyprock party wall? Just curious whether those walls do a good job in regards to sound insulation.

Yeah apparently it rained this week so our driveways got put off again
Re scheduled for friday so fingers crossed no rain so i can get some tenants in

Got your message today rob cheers trying ta suss out my options on that
Demo cost me 16,000 with some asbestos
Landscape and fences all up 25,000 with 2 small retatining walls
Block cost 695,000
Construction including all variations im at about 650,000 ish ill get a final figure in the next few weeks
10,000 to council
Interest ill calculate next month but probably since we bought block until now
60,000 ish
Stamp duty 24,000
About 1.46m
I am trying to hold mine until xmas 1 more rate cut a bit of buyer craziness then sell before xmas maybe
Been advised 1000 a week each
And value at 1.15m each i think
When im in sydney rob ill try and break down those variations for you drop edge beams
Higher ceilings
Had to upgrade stormwater and tanks etc

You got that block cheap compared to todays market, everything is 1 million now.

yeah ace we bought it at auction the house was pretty old and the block was 613m2 it had an easement up 1 side for council stormwater
there were only 3 of us bidding at auction

to be honest we bought the last block before it jumped about 100k in 3 months for a duplex site

so yes we got it for a very good price

Yes have been following Garrett's progress in Gannons Road with Kurmond Homes and had a chat to him. Will be interested in his final numbers.

Mine are very roughly;

Land purchase plus stamp duty Cronulla/Nth Woolooware: $1,180,000

Masterton duplex with high level finishes: $730,000*

Site Costs incl demolition/landscaping/driveways/drainage S.94 etc : $100,000

Interest (holding costs): $50,000

R/E agent costs if sell both: $40,000

Total costs: $2,100,000

*subject to meeting with Masterton designer this week will probably upgrade further.

3 bed well designed Duplex sold on corner of Flinders and Franklin with Highland R/E off the plan a couple of weeks ago for $1,400,000.
Estimate at least $1.3 each or $2.6 return with $500K profit before tax.

Happy to hear any view on whether I am being too optimistic on any costs!!

ha ha always the roosters well see tomorrow!

That was on a corner block and much much bigger. The site you have is only 569sqm big ask for $1.3m each, have you thought about getting a custom designed duplex? taking the project builder option will reduce the end result.

Getting a private builder would add roughly another $200K onto the construction cost ($950-$1,000,000). Have met with Masterton and they are putting forward a 'custom design' to fit the block.

Plan on upgrading design and fixtures to fit the area after advice from RE agents. Time will tell on the selling price - the $1.4 was on a relatively busy roundabout location with mine a north facing backyard in a quieter street location but yes smaller block.

Back