Building an extra toilet/bathroom for PPOR

Hi there :

I am inspecting few properties to buy my PPOR.

I liked one property with 3 bedrooms and 1 toilet/bathroom. My preference is 2 toilets/bath.

Just wondering if I want to add another one, is that a big trouble? What do I need to do for that?

Any help/info will be much appreciated.

Cheers!

It depends on whether there is room already there to swap something for a second bathroom, ie small office could become a second bathroom. You lose something to get another bathroom.

Or you might be thinking of adding a deck and part of that renovation could incorporate installing another bathroom, moving a kitchen nearer the deck and swapping uses of rooms already there.

Is it a slab on ground construction, brick, timber... the question you have posed is just too "loose" for an answer.

Hi there :

I am inspecting few properties to buy my PPOR.

I liked one property with 3 bedrooms and 1 toilet/bathroom. My preference is 2 toilets/bath.

Just wondering if I want to add another one, is that a big trouble? What do I need to do for that?

Any help/info will be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Adding another bathroom, or a toilet to a existing bathroom?

Adding a completely new bathroom with toilet I mean .

Converting like a bedroom or a large laundry into a bathroom? If its a concrete slab some of it will need to be ripped up for sewerage pipes for toilet and shower drainage and waterproofing for shower walls. Plus all the walls will need to be 'chased' for the water services to the vanity, toilet and shower and those pipes connected to the existing water supply

You will also need to choose a property that lends itself to an addition without looking too "tacked on" for future values.
Marg

This is a timely question for me. Just exchanged on a place that I'm considering adding an ensuite but wondering if its too expensive/if it can be done. Is on brick pillars so I think this is easier than if on a concrete slab?

I have a similar scenario, utilising existing floor plan to create a new ensuite and renovate existing bathroom / laundry.

House is brick and got some quotes from bathroom Reno companies ranging from $50k to $70k. This is assuming high quality finish.

I am going to investigate further and see if I can get the cost down. If you find a good contractor let me know!

Over the last couple of years I have done the following to my PPOR, within the existing floorplate.

Converted the 4th bedroom to a walk in wardrobe and an Ensuite. The ensuite cost me about $2,000 in materials and $3,000 to have the house mostly re plumbed and pipes run for the new shower, vanity and toilet. The shelves for the robe cost a few hundred for materials. Took about 8 days all up.

I repositioned a shower in the main bathroom and opened it up to the powder room, (rebuilding the shower from frame) and recessing a small vanity and cabinet into the wall and new toilet. Cost was about $1,500 for this new 3rd bathroom. About 4 days work.

Totally renovated the main bathroom, took it back to frame and put a shower over the bath. this took me 8 days and cost $2,500.

Converted a Laundry to a European/alcove Laundry and small walk in Pantry. Cost was $1,150 and took about 6 days including making a lot of shelving.

I did all the work myself.

Back