Building an IP .... what approx m2 cost in Qld?

Hi all,

I haven't contacted any builders as yet as we are currently still having plans drawn up. The building designer we are using told me that to build a basic 4,2,2 house in SE Qld, will cost between $800m2-$900m2, ... does this sound about right? Plus, .... what inclusions does this sort of money usually include?

Thanks in advance

Martin

Hi Mystery,

I was recently quoted about $1000m2 for a 4x2x2 to be built in the Wide Bay region. This figure also included quite a bit of work that needs to be done for the house pad due to crappy / rocky soil. It also included a long list of 'standard inclusions'. Don't know if that helps, I'm sure one of the builders or some tradies here on SS can give you a better idea.

Cheers,
Phil.

Edited to add: - I would be interested in what others think also. Is this too cheap / expensive etc?

I'm not sure what part of QLD you are expecting those prices but any thing from Rocky up you are looking at $1200-$1700.
But with another 15% increase on steel prices due next month and more in August costs are going through the roof.
Diesel prices $1.80-$1.90 and timber with another rise next month I doubt you will get any thing for $1200 shortly.

We currently have three houses under construction @ $1600 but they are quality not slap up IPs

...But with another 15% increase on steel prices due next month and more in August costs are going through the roof.
Diesel prices $1.80-$1.90 and timber with another rise next month I doubt you will get any thing for $1200 shortly.

G'day MM,

With these forcasted price rises, do you see construction slowing down further in the near future for SE / Central QLD?

Cheers,
Phil

I'm not sure what part of QLD you are expecting those prices

We are building in Redbank Plains near Ipswich, SE Qld. The approx cost I got per m2 was from our Building Designer. I just wanted to see if it was accurate for the Brisbane/Ipswich metro area.

Martin

Back