building and pest inspections QLD - how much and rec??

Hi There!

Just wondering how much we can expect to pay for a building and pest inspection in QLD?

Also, can anyone rec someone on the sunshine coast we can use?

Thanks!

Got a couple done last year, building and pest combined, both came in at just under $400, GST inclusive.

Don't actually know anyone at the Sunny Coast to recommend, but a local real estate agent can recommend someone. Possibly you could try and get a look at the style of their report first.

One of my reports was very detailed and the inspector walked me through all possible future problems with the property. The other was a bit lighter with the information, but still covered the relevant stuff.

Good luck

can't recommend anyone specific up the coast, but i have never seen one that cost more than about 450-500 bucks for both building and pest.

when you ring and enquire, just make sure you know what you are getting for your money. you want photos, a thorough report and a full explanation of exactly everything they have looked at so that you know they haven't just done the quick run around. any problems/damage should be photo'd and a written explanation of the issue, it's potential for future problems and any suggestions and costs to remedy.

many of them will recommend an immediate pest treatment - use your discretion there, especially if there has been no live termite issues found etc.

cheers

Back