Building and Pest - Perth

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good building & pest inspector in Perth maybe preferably eastern suburbs. Have got till the 13th of January but thought i best look at sorting this out sooner rather than later. Obviously i know a few wont get back till the 5th of Jan.

Also a newbie, how does this work? Can i do it whatever day i want or does this need to be organised with the 'Seller'?

Id assume i need it open ect, so would have to be organised.

Thanks
Z6

I use resicert.

You will have to orginise access, usually just give the inspecter the agents or owners number to orginise directly with them.

The inspector is usually happy to deal with the selling agent to gain access.

Get it done sooner rather than later

I've used

Building and Homes Inspection Services
Fred Sharp
www.bhis.com.au

for pest I've used

Metro Pest

Good idea for you to be present at the inspection. I'm pretty new to home maintenance and learned quite a few little things here and there. Also a good chance to further learn about the property you are purchasing.

I used Resicert for mine too.

I used their basic package together with a pest inspection but my property was very simple so nothing.

Another tip I would do next time is at the inspection, bring a laptop and grab all the photos they take if they let you. It's a nice record to have. Photos are included in the report, but can be useful to have the original full resolution pictures.

Edit: Thanks Joel

I have just done the basic and Pest inspection. $640.

The property is also pretty basic, not massive ect.

Am i allowed to go to the building and pest inspection?

The REA is telling me otherwise (ie: i can only go to the final inspection within the last 5 days of settlement).

Is this correct?

Or is it written in the contract somewhere?

Am i allowed to go to the building and pest inspection?

The REA is telling me otherwise (ie: i can only go to the final inspection within the last 5 days of settlement).

Is this correct?

Or is it written in the contract somewhere?

Only if the owner allows it or you have put some early access conditions/inspections into your contract.

Only if the owner allows it or you have put some early access conditions/inspections into your contract.

Will live and learn.

It was a bit disappointing because the REA seemed like he had made it up in his mind because "he had no one previousily' go through the place with the building inspector before and was telling me it was generally the rule of thumb way.

I sort of said, 'so has the seller said they wont allow me to go through the property with the building inspector' and he started mumbling about the general rule of thumb, i doubt he had even asked the seller the question.

Ohwell
Getting resirect to do it, so it should be all good, they seem like they have a god record.

Z6

Why don't you just find out from the inspector what time he's doing it? Then just meet him there so that you can have a chat face to face with him. Else I'd be inclined to organise a chat with the inspector after receiving the report for a verbal debrief.

Why don't you just find out from the inspector what time he's doing it? Then just meet him there so that you can have a chat face to face with him. Else I'd be inclined to organise a chat with the inspector after receiving the report for a verbal debrief.

Yeh i might do that.

We use Affordable Pest Control. They are very good. Affordable like their name suggests and fantastic service.

Wish you told me earlier ha.

How much do they charge, do you know roughly? I know it changes depending on property but existing dwelling, small place ect?

Edit: Sorry didnt realise you had linked them, will look at their website.

Do you use them for Midland area? You have any trouble in that area for pest/termite?

Last edited:
Was pretty happy with the Resirect team, there communication was 2nd to none, as both finished they called me instantly and talked me through everything.

The Pest inspection was $247 alone so maybe a little pricier than Small Ants as mentioned above.

I used Resicert and they were fine. I think it's best to have a chat with the inspector as there are certain things they may not want to commit to writing, and you will only find out if you speak with them.

Back