Building Costs - Perth

Hi All

Just reviewing building costs in Perth at the moment for villas, my last build which I consider high spec came in at around $1280 per sqm, does this sound about right?

I think building costs may actually drop in Perth over the next year as we know market has changed??

What are you all experiencing at the moment?
Anyone quoted any builds recently?

MTR:)

Hi All

Just reviewing building costs in Perth at the moment for villas, my last build which I consider high spec came in at around $1280 per sqm, does this sound about right?

I think building costs may actually drop in Perth over the next year as we know market has changed??

What are you all experiencing at the moment?
Anyone quoted any builds recently?

I'm hoping it will go down. The price per brick hasn't gone down yet even though we had 20% less construction starts in Q1.

I haven't seen a single storey quote for awhile. I would expect it to be higher than what you paid though.

$1500/sqm finished turnkey for framed 2 storey construction :D

I'm hoping it will go down. The price per brick hasn't gone down yet even though we had 20% less construction starts in Q1.

I haven't seen a single storey quote for awhile. I would expect it to be higher than what you paid though.

$1500/sqm finished turnkey for framed 2 storey construction :D

That is very reasonable I would say for 2 storey.

I am actually hoping that I can build for around $1200 if building starts continue to decline.

What is included in the price/sqm for building costs?
eg 120sqm living ,30sqm garage, 4m2 store, 4m2 porch, 10m2 alfresco. So if the total build is 200,000 then is the price/aqm

200,000 / (120 +30) = $1,333sqm

OR

200,000 / (120 +30 +4+4+10) = $1,190 sqm

What is included in the price/sqm for building costs?
eg 120sqm living ,30sqm garage, 4m2 store, 4m2 porch, 10m2 alfresco. So if the total build is 200,000 then is the price/aqm

200,000 / (120 +30) = $1,333sqm

OR

200,000 / (120 +30 +4+4+10) = $1,190 sqm

Good point
I based this on my plans, which includes all the above as I assume this is how the builder would quote using plans.

Thanks Marisa
When calculating price/sqm does it include

contingency
fencing
demo
titles/headworks

None of the above items.

I found out recently builders don't like to include fencing because of additional unknowns, extra retaining costs? Could be why they also do not include demo.

Titles - my builder paid for this one $700, however have been told by other developers that this is not the norm.

gents,

when you say $ / per sqm , are you talking about the foot print or the floor area? or are you saying the both horizontal walls, floors and ceiling?

thanks
BG

Builder quotes on the drawings, which includes the items Tano initially mentioned. The specification will also determine the costs per sqm, the high the spec the higher the costs.

another follow up question regarding what is included in tge per sqm build,
does it include aircon? isn't it that the smaller tge house, the higher the cost per sqm will. be?

Aircond forms part of the specification, aircon is the norm these days, just a matter of whether it will be 1 or 2

Hopefully building costs are pulling back.

I don't believe the prices have dropped yet, but probably due to the projects they currently still have on their books.

I met up with my accountant this morning he said his developers are trying to offload asap and not buying as market conditions getting worse and waiting to see if there are any surprises in May budget.

I suspect developing will drop off dramatically, very soon and building costs will fall, however so will end product.

Back