Building in BCC Flood Planning Area 5

Hi,

We have a property under contract subject to dd, and plan on building on it at some point in the not too distant future.

The FPA 5 zone means the site was not wet in 2011, but there is a potential for flooding.

I have unfortunately been unable to get a hold of BCC town planners for 3 consecutive days (yes have left details for a call back), so I'm wondering if the guru town planners on here can confirm what I believe in relation to this FPA5 code.

On the BCC website I read "No flood overlay code requirements apply to houses. New development such as essential community services like hospitals may be
built in this area ? by meeting minimum floor heights."

To me this means we should be able to get building approval without any RL or height requirements that would apply to areas that were actually flooded in 2011.

Can you guys confirm if this is correct?

Thanks in advance,

Wouldn't it just be a matter of checking the floodwise website, seeing your min habital floor level, and then building above that?

Hi mate,

I don't know if it's that simple for those that were affected by the flood, but in this case the block wasn't affected by the flood, so I don't think there are habitable levels on the report. It just says no flood recorded.

I'm just trying to understand if we can just "build away" without worrying about restrictions etc. It appears thats what the FPA 5 code is for.

Hmmm no idea. I would imagine if there were no Min habital floor height mentioned you would be all good. But hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge will be able to answer your question soon. Or ring a certifier. I use Applied Building Approvals.

Back