Building on two lots

Hi,

I am looking at a project in Brisbane (BCC) on which there are a number of lots of 405m2, but also two *adjacent* lots of 202m2 as well contained on the one title.

Does anyone know if there is anything stopping me doing a title transfer so one title contains the two 202m2 lots, and building on it as if it were a 405m2 block?

I believe this would allow us to avoid paying council contributions for "reconfiguring" the two lots.

I will speak to a BCC planner early next week, but I'm very keen to see if anyone has come across this before.

Its a reasonably sound idea, as so many houses we see nowadays are built across two lots, but planning rules change so frequently who would know!

Happy Easter and thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Last edited:
I would think as long as they have a combined title (dept. of natural resources) and the rates are for 1 lot not 2 (council) then it wouldn't be an issue to build over the 2 lots.

It's the same principal where there is an existing building over 2 lots, which is demolished, then build a house on each lot. You'd just need to split the title separately with dept of natural resources but since there is already 2 lots there's no need for a reconfiguration approval by council. You're just doing it in reverse.

Thats the idea yer. We're trying to avoid having to amalgamate the two lots into one as I'm certain there'd be some hefty council costs or something costly along the way.

It makes sense as you see so many houses on two lot blocks built many years ago, but you never know as the rules are constantly changing!

A simple title lodgement exercise for 300 bucks is better than anything near council contributions etc.

Cheers

Back