Building/Plumbing Inspection

Hi there

We are interested in an older red brick home. RP data report says it was purchased in 1986 and the build date was 1960, not sure how accurate this information is. BTW this is a paid valuation report from my broker.

We are going to get a B&P inspection done via our solicitor and would like to know what is included in a standard building inspection. Will they check the integrity of the plumbing, electrical wires and drain pipes?

I understand there are limitations on what can be checked etc but I'm curious to know if they can check the drain pipes like the plumbers do with a drian cam. Given the age of the building, we are worried about the condition of the drain pipes as I have heard horror stories from mates about how expensive replacing pipes can be in some instances.

We will ask the REagent at the inspection regarding the condition but doubt they will say much. I'm hoping the electrical and the plumbing is copper and the drain could be cast iron or clay pipes...if a standard inspection does not cover them, do you suggest to get a plumber to check the condition?

Welcome any tips on what can be checked visibly in an older home...

Thank you!

Back