Building relationships

Hi
I have built up some great relationships with architects, property managers, accountants, builders (sometimes even real estate agents) etc and I would like to find out how other investors look after these people.
Do others take them out to dinner, give bottles of wine, send cards etc, I'm looking to find out what is appropriate.
Thanks

I know for example that Dale is rather particular about his choice of drinks. It pays to consult with them first to ensure that you don't cause offence by giving them the wrong gift ! :D

You can give generic presents from corporate gift shops that will not offend anyone, no need to ask them first.

Take your most important customers to dinner/lunch or golf if you want.

Ive been doing it for years with business associates and customers and have had lots of appreciation and goodwill generated.

I send out gift hampers as a thankyou or when someone does something out of their scope of works for me, and they absolutely love it.

I take my banker out for lunch.

My real estate agent and I had a joke - I told her I'd kiss her feet if she sold a whole block of units within a week. She sold it in 3 days so I organised a gift voucher for her at some upmarket salon for a full beauty treatment, and on the card I wrote "here's to kissing your feet". She loved it!

It's the little things that they don't expect that make the difference.

Back