Building rules Sunshine Coast Hinterland?

Im not quiet sure where to start....

We are looking at a 2.5 acre block of land in QLD's Sunshine Coast hinterland. It currently has a very old run down cottage on it that we would like to rent out until we move up there in a few years. We would then like to renovate the cottage and use it either as guest accommodation, additional rental income or an office?

We also want to build our dream home on the other side of the block... how do i find out what the rules are with adding an additional dwelling? Some people say you cant have two houses on one property as it is considered a subdivision? I've looked on the councils website and it is so confusing I'm not sure where to go!!

Also, the land runs along a fairly main road, how do i find out if there are any plans for the road in the future that may effect us?

Thanks in advance!

Im not quiet sure where to start....

We are looking at a 2.5 acre block of land in QLD's Sunshine Coast hinterland. It currently has a very old run down cottage on it that we would like to rent out until we move up there in a few years. We would then like to renovate the cottage and use it either as guest accommodation, additional rental income or an office?

We also want to build our dream home on the other side of the block... how do i find out what the rules are with adding an additional dwelling? Some people say you cant have two houses on one property as it is considered a subdivision? I've looked on the councils website and it is so confusing I'm not sure where to go!!

Also, the land runs along a fairly main road, how do i find out if there are any plans for the road in the future that may effect us?

Thanks in advance!

Hi

Ring the local council and talk to someone in the town planning office.

Cheers

Shane

having two properties on the one block should be ok it is the subdividing that they are wary of, define this as you see councils.

I agree... Because Maroochy, Noosa and Caloundra councils have recently amalgamated, it would be much better to talk with someone directly.

make sure you ring the right "branch" though because the 3 old planning schemes are still in effect in their old shire areas.

Back