Bundaberg - starting to move...(..thanks Gladstone!)

Own a number of IP in Bundy/Bargara, and generally keep a pretty close eye on what's happening with property here.

Been in the papers & on the news for some time now about the "Gladstone Effect" - but like most, I always treat this hype with caution

But.... in saying this, I have noticed a DEFINITE increase in 'SOLD' signs going up around the place in just the last few weeks - and been contacted by a number of agents just this week asking if I want to offload any of my portfolio - as they have dwindling stock left on their books, thanks to out of town investors.

If this is the start of some movement here, then obviously sales volume will increase before significant price increases are seen, but all the same - it may be the time to get in, while there are ample quality homes available, well under the $300k range.

Just my 2c worth of observations - take it or leave it as you please.

Own a number of IP in Bundy/Bargara, and generally keep a pretty close eye on what's happening with property here.

Been in the papers & on the news for some time now about the "Gladstone Effect" - but like most, I always treat this hype with caution

But.... in saying this, I have noticed a DEFINITE increase in 'SOLD' signs going up around the place in just the last few weeks - and been contacted by a number of agents just this week asking if I want to offload any of my portfolio - as they have dwindling stock left on their books, thanks to out of town investors.

If this is the start of some movement here, then obviously sales volume will increase before significant price increases are seen, but all the same - it may be the time to get in, while there are ample quality homes available, well under the $300k range.

Just my 2c worth of observations - take it or leave it as you please.

agree seems to be happening in a few of the wide-bay Burnett regions

about time I reckon:)

What kind of growth prospects do you guys see in this region?

There doesn't seem to be too much from my research - and I would rather Ipswich for example for the same spend as Bundaberg etc...

CQ Uni has also announced that they will offer full degrees as of next yr through bundy campus, so students dont have to go external or travel to rocky to do their degree.. Pity that wasnt around in the mid 90s as i would of studied there and be an hour away from home then 4hrs..

you could only do 1st and part of 2nd at bundy..

Yeah I hear the Uni here had a record increase ( % wise) in enrolment, for the state, or something recently...

Ipswich - yes, for sure, but the beaches there just aren't as appealing as Bargara's,....lol..... ;)

I think Ipswich growth driven by a different means than Bundy - the industrial precincts planned /happening for that region, should definitely be a long term, steady driving force I believe, whereas Bundy will probably just be 'riding the mining wave' for the forseeable (short/mid - term?) future.

There is talk of mining exploration happening on our north/western parts (Bucca, Avondale, etc) and I see 'International Coal Limited' (Intercoal.com.au)has a bit on their website about their exploration projects in these regions around Bundy.

Thank goodness for that,I have a nice house on Woongarra scenic drive Bargara that I originally built as a short term holiday house but was forced to rent permanent for the last couple of years.

It is one I would like to sell but have held off as it is a good property to hold if things look up again there.

I have had just one permanent tenant for the last couple of years and they have just signed for another year.

CQ Uni has also announced that they will offer full degrees as of next yr through bundy campus, so students dont have to go external or travel to rocky to do their degree.. Pity that wasnt around in the mid 90s as i would of studied there .

What did you study?

Some interesting plays around at the moment....

The coal industry has taken an absolute pounding in the last 12 months .

It's taken a pounding for a reason. China's growth is the lowest its been in 20 years. And those coal fired power plants are upsetting ordinary Chinese families. In places like Shenzhen one hardly sees blue sky. Why? Because of dirty coal-fired power plants.

Something has got to give.

It's taken a pounding for a reason. China's growth is the lowest its been in 20 years. And those coal fired power plants are upsetting ordinary Chinese families. In places like Shenzhen one hardly sees blue sky. Why? Because of dirty coal-fired power plants.

Yes would have to agree somewhat with you.

However, the size of a country like China growing at a reduced but still healthy 7.5% is still impressive...not to mention other BRIC countries.....

Again I agree with you 100% coal-fired power plants are dirty. But they are also a very cost effective way of producing and maintaining the energy needs for millions and millions of people in developing countries who are struggling to lead better lives and lift themselves above the poverty line.

It's just part of the cycle. Coal will once again sooner or later rally just like before and the time before that and the time before that.....

But yes, you are right it is dirty unfortunately.

Yes would have to agree somewhat with you.

However, the size of a country like China growing at a reduced but still healthy 7.5% is still impressive...not to mention other BRIC countries.....

Again I agree with you 100% coal-fired power plants are dirty. But they are also a very cost effective way of producing and maintaining the energy needs for millions and millions of people in developing countries who are struggling to lead better lives and lift themselves above the poverty line.

It's just part of the cycle. Coal will once again sooner or later rally just like before and the time before that and the time before that.....

But yes, you are right it is dirty unfortunately.

just to labour the point tho - this has nothing to do with the type of coal they are looking to extract from Bundaberg

http://www.intercoal.com.au/bundaberg-project.htm

What did you study?

China's economy is also a hell of a lot larger than it was even 5 years ago so 7.5% growth in a much bigger economy is still impressive

Yep looks,likes around the Wide bay area is on the move,There has been talk about the lower end of the property market for awhile 300k,Now talk is starting about 400k + properties.There are no available rentals in the area I have an Ip,with rents also rising.
Still has away to go but all the lower end property is selling fast.
Or at least I hope this is the case.:)

Back