Bundaberg

Hi Guys,

I have an opportunity to purchase a property in Bundy. I have heard a lot of negative things about buying property in Qld in General so Im a little nervous. Can anybody recommend a solicitor that could help me. I have one in melbourne but he says the laws are so different up their.

Also what things could I put in the contract to protect me. The agent spoke about organising fincance within 14 days is this normal.

This appears to be a really good deal and I dont want to let paper work get in the way of a good deal.

Lee

ps. My first post so go easy. :)

Lee,
imho,
in the Finance part of this contract.
i think its on page 2 on a REIQ.contract for house and land.
Financer,Bank of Purchasers Choice..
Finance Date, 21 days from Contract Date..
you can use the 21 days to hold that property till you make up your mind....
i dont think that you will have any problems finding a good solicitor
ring up the Queensland Law Society in Brisbane they will help you..
good luck
willair..
good luck
willair..

Hi Lee
Make sure you make the contact subject to:
1. Building inspection
2. Pest inspection
3. Finance

There can be problems with pests/termites here in Qld so it covers you having this done. The finance part allows you to pull out of the contact if you cannot get finance approved.
I don't know any legal firms up there.
All the best with it.
yo

Lee,
Please see my reply email to your query. I also have some suggestions for solicitors in Bundaberg but I would rather not use this forum to endorse any one particular solicitor over another. Given the purchase price of the property you have your eye on and therefore the budget you are working from I can also offer some other suggestions if you are interested. I'll slot you another email me thinks

Doozer :D

Here's a recommendation

I found Donna James who was working for Duffield & Assoc (at the begining of the year) extremely helpful - and she was acting for the other party! I self-act and find sometimes I don't always get much courtesy. However Donna was professional, friendly and helpful. Can't vouch for any other conveyancing staff they may have. Re. pest & building - I have used Bundaberg Pest & Building - Marcel Stan and was also happy with his service. Termites can DEFINITELY be an issue in Bundy so read the report carefully.
Boo Boo's wife

Back