Bunnings trade account etc

Hi all, I'm about to apply for a 30 day Bunnings account and I'm wondering if this application would show up on my credit file?

I'm assuming not, but it's best to know these things before going ahead.

Kind regards,

Clint.

I suggest you read the fine print of the Bunnings credit application very carefully and reconsider.

Is the credit required for short term or ongoing for business trade?

pinkboy

I suggest you read the fine print of the Bunnings credit application very carefully and reconsider.

pinkboy

I will be for ongoing trade use. I'm currently employed full time with a builder, I plan to get my licence and start my construction company in the coming months, but also prior to leaving my full time job I wish to borrow money to purchase a PPOR.

So if there's no impact on my credit file, I would apply for the account now, if it does impact my file I would definitely wait until I purchase the new home.

Kind regards,
Clint

pinkboy

Haven't seen one, and not likely to. Anything specific you'd like to mention? :p

Years ago they asked for residential security. I'd be reading the finer fine print really carefully.

pinkboy

Still do! It will be a charging clause allowing them to caveat your property which will stay in place until debt is paid out or proceedings finalized. You will also need to pay their solicitor's full costs in chasing you.

it's quite common for credit applications to have a caveating clause.

why bother with this account? you can get discount with that powerpass card thing and just charge to your credit card and get f/flyers

Back