Burnside Council Adelaide Region minimum dwelling size

Experts,

Thinking of buying in SE suburbs of Adelaide mainly in council of Burnside.

I feel some properties have potential of subdivision.

Does anyone know about subdivision guidelines and minimum area/ frontage requirements for Burnside council?

The booklet on the website is a bit complicated.

Any practical experience shared will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Glen

Different suburbs in the burnside councils have different minimum areas.

E.g a house in Frewville might be classed as R25 while a house in Linden Park zones as R21. You've got to call the up the planning dept in burnside council and talk to them.

....Thinking of buying in SE suburbs of Adelaide mainly in council of Burnside.
I feel some properties have potential of subdivision....

Would be very difficult to find anything there and even harder to buy it for a reasonable price (due to land values).

A lot of the land in Burnside council is designated Heritage Conservation and has specific, hard to achieve minimum site and frontage dimensions. And then there are very tight planning rules as to what you could build on it, streetscape etc etc.... even the small parts which are residential zoned are tightly protected and generally full of small sites.

It would be difficult to find a large enough site and even harder with a budget of even $750-800k. Looking through sales data for the past 2 years (land over 800sqm) I don't think there were more than 2 properties that sold for less than $800k.

Looking randomly through 2014-2015 council's development applications register I didn't see a single approval for a duplex type project... detached houses: yes, semi detached: no?

For a successful development project I would look elsewhere, that is selected middle-ring suburbs in Marion and Charles Sturt council areas.

Back