business attire - ladies only

Ladies what do you usually wear for office wear.

A long time ago I would only wear white shirts and business suits.

Now so many things can be business -like, skirts, pants matched with tops, dresses with jackets.

How do others dress for office jobs?

Are skirts or pants better?
High heels?

I wear high heels, although they get less high as I get older. Skirts and pants are fine, as long as they're smart and professional. When I first started work we were not allowed to wear pants. Times have changed. I prefer pants to skirts. Personally, I think that as long as it is neat and tidy it is fine. I don't like seeing cleavages or too much leg at work.

Lana417-3235-full.jpg

I could wear a business suit (with pants) everyday in the office:D it is so easy and you do not need to think what to wear. Casual Fridays are nightmare for me, because you really can not use your real casual clothing and you can not use same stuff every Friday. Nightmare :eek:

However I do not use white shirts ( nothing that needs ironing) I wear nice dressy t-shirts with the suit. It makes it less formal.

^^^ sounds nice.
Like Dave M's outfit very much, too.
High heels - absolutely no way.
Love dresses especially with jackets.
Love tailored trousers.
Mostly wear skirts at the moment but used to wear the above and hope to again.
Cleavage - no thanks.
This sounds weird but as a teacher, it doesn't pay to look too good. :eek:

I'm kind of on the conservative side at work too - not too low, not too short.

However I usually wear bikinis under business suits all summer and would lay on the beach for an hour in between appointments when I get the chance :D

A little off topic but ... wore my old slippers to vote on Saturday - complete with cuppa. Booth just across the road. Got in real early.

A little off topic but ... wore my old slippers to vote on Saturday - complete with cuppa. Booth just across the road. Got in real early.

Once, in England, we went to a church service at a cathedral. My wife didn't realise until she got out of the car that she was wearing her pink fluffy slippers.

On the original topic. I don't know why so much emphasis is placed on what women wear in the workplace, and so little on what men wear- and this emphasis often comes from the women. Witness Karl Stephanovic and the single suit he wore on air for a year.

Women in the workplace don't always dress smartly. Provocative dressing to achieve an impression also takes place.

that's true Geoff, we do place a large emphasis on attire, for me it's by choice as I love to dress up and get bored very easily of the same thing.

I do know some women that wear the same business suit all the time and that is OK too.

I actually wore my son's thongs to work once this year. I had my high heels near the door to change into before I got in the car but totally forgot and went out to see clients all day.

The ironic thing is that I was looking for shoe shops all day while driving to various appointments and did not see any.

No one cared and it made a good opening statement when I met people - "ha ha I wonder how my son is going with my high heels today lol"...

I like a dress rather than separates ... a smart, tailored dress (just above the knee) and can throw a blazer over the top if required.

if you shop well, places like Target and Jacqueline Eve have really nice ones.

Ladies what do you usually wear for office wear.

A long time ago I would only wear white shirts and business suits.

Now so many things can be business -like, skirts, pants matched with tops, dresses with jackets.

How do others dress for office jobs?

Are skirts or pants better?
High heels?

I would advocate "less is best..."
A revealing top, no bra, really short skirt, high heels...gets the results every time.
Promotions...no problem.
Want to move up the corporate ladder...here is your answer;)

I would advocate "less is best..."
A revealing top, no bra, really short skirt, high heels...gets the results every time.
Promotions...no problem.
Want to move up the corporate ladder...here is your answer;)

I tried that, and it got me nowhere.

*looks down* teal coloured singlet and orange shorts.

If I'm meeting clients or out in public representing my business then I get a bit more dressed up. Usually a business dress or a knee length skirt and some kind of blouse.

So bummed yesterday when I had a blow out on my favourite shoes - think the ground was too hot and melted the glue on the sole and one just fell apart after that :(

Back