Butler - now on the investment map

Hi All

Have a look at this month's API which has a feature in Butler WA.

My builder is telling me any quality land sells fast and stock is very low. This has further pushed prices. 300sqm blocks now sell in the low 200s and by the time you build you are looking at the very low 400s.

The one I built for 357k is now worth 450k and is likely to hit 500k if the current demand continues. My build was completed last year...so very happy with the growth to date.

I believe there is still some room for growth...if you can get the land for the right price.

Have one building in Wellard 3x2x2....and have just been given a building permit to build at Lakelands (3x2x2 plus study).....hope to make 100k each on these upon completion.

Yep....cottoned onto my secret..... ;)

Lakelands is might be a few years away....but the neighboorhood shopping centre for the estate should be announced by later this year.

If for some reason the train station goes ahead....Lakelands will move quickly in price...

Not much mystery; just check where new or proposed train stations are ;)

1. Wellard (done)
2. Butler (opening soon)
3. Lakelands (proposed)

Watch out also for the extension of the Mitchell Freeway and the announcement of the Alkimos train station....these may not be that far away...

Sorry for slight hijack to one suburb over but does anyone know what is happening in Mindarie?

I'm sure I read somewhere here that the Marina was having more work done or was it in my head?

I've always been curious how Clarkson and Mindarie are so close to each other yet worlds apart.

Watch out also for the extension of the Mitchell Freeway and the announcement of the Alkimos train station....these may not be that far away...

Freeway extension is scheduled to be complete (to hester ave) by end of 2017.

Sorry for slight hijack to one suburb over but does anyone know what is happening in Mindarie?

I'm sure I read somewhere here that the Marina was having more work done or was it in my head?

I've always been curious how Clarkson and Mindarie are so close to each other yet worlds apart.

Clarkson is trying so hard to catch up. Ocean Keys improvements may help.
Merriwa, however....

Wow that is something...where is Hester Avenue...is that near Butler....
Freeway extension is scheduled to be complete (to hester ave) by end of 2017.

Clarkson is trying so hard to catch up. Ocean Keys improvements may help.
Merriwa, however....

The last lots in Butler are just being sold. A lot of people who put it down have never been there. It is probably the nicest looking and best planned suburb on the east side of Marmion travelling north. Now the infrastructure is arriving this is increasing the demand again. While Butler has been good I prefer the coastal side of Marmion at Alkimos Beach Estate and Amberton Estate, Eglington where you can buy and build for the same price (or less) than Butler and get on the west side of Marmion. I have been making some very nice gains and rent returns following this philosophy.

I agree with you Michael Hutchence. :)

The cost of building east of Marmion may look cheap it is not...some of the developers are not putting in retaining....the ones with the better land are PEET and LWP....and potentially Satterley.

The last lots in Butler are just being sold. A lot of people who put it down have never been there. It is probably the nicest looking and best planned suburb on the east side of Marmion travelling north. Now the infrastructure is arriving this is increasing the demand again. While Butler has been good I prefer the coastal side of Marmion at Alkimos Beach Estate and Amberton Estate, Eglington where you can buy and build for the same price (or less) than Butler and get on the west side of Marmion. I have been making some very nice gains and rent returns following this philosophy.

perhaps it is a blind spot of mine but i truly cannot understand the appeal of these far flung souless suburbs. eglington is 22km to Joondalup!

for a bit of perspective it is as far from joondalup as cockburn central is to perth cbd.

even to butler it is 10km, imagine having to drive 10km along marmion just to get to butler train station and then having to catch the train in. 10km! that is like someone driving from morley to perth CBD (distance wise) and then catching a train to mandurah. 5.DAYS.A.WEEK. i dont think there is enough local employment to sustain all these people in the joondalup and immediate surrounds, surely a fair % would need to work in CBD etc. it is 48km from perth CBD to eglington, 48km. imagine having to deal with that twice a day just to return to a tiny cottage block. you can almost understand/justify living far away if the return is a larger block but not in this case.

as perth gets more and more congested i can see a lot of people getting burnt in these areas in the future, having a tiny block in the middle of nowhere imo isnt going to appeal.

not in any way saying there isnt money to be made in the meantime of course, just mid to long term imo i truly dont understand it.

Last edited:
Back