Buy/Hold/Sell - What to do

Hi all

After watching the exciting story on Business Sunday on Channel 9 & speaking to a few mates, they are now looking at dumping some properties as Aussie John (Symonds) has created a bit of a stir. Of course it wouldnt mean that he would still get a gain out of this as he'd be financing a few new loans here and there.

So my questions is, given the current environment today - (more of a 'poll' per se) -
(1) Say you own your house and an IP - should you buy/keep/sell the IP
(2) Say you are looking at buying a house (either IP or PPOR) - should you buy/keep/sell
(3) Should you borrow against equity and look towards shares/managed funds, as from reading the local paper they are tipping good progress for the sharemarket while the property clock slows down.

Thanks for your time

Lukentel
-------------------

PS - If youre interested I've got one of my houses for sale which hasnt hit realestate.com yet as the agent is moving office. I had it valued (paid the bank to do it) and appraisal on rent was $360 p/w. 3 bed, fully air cond, close to shops, transport, golf course, w/pool, spa baths, very private - great house really. western suburbs of brisbane. I just put about $30k into renos as well. Its still on the agents website (if youre interested). If it doesnt go by February then I'm going to keep it but thought I'd let you know.

http://www.tribette.com/bin/web/rea...AIL&listing_id=REASEQ16470776&start=0&grp=ALL

Last edited:
Back