Buyer's Agent in Adelaide

Where in adelaide are you looking to buy?

Like to know why you're looking to use a BA?

I'm looking in the Northeast area mostly.

The main reason why i'm looking to use a BA is because this is my first time and i've just had the 2 most disappointing results from 2 offers ever. 2 properties that i really wanted in the span of 3 weeks taken by competitors. I want someone who can get me what i want before it goes to market, thus decreasing competition. If someone can do that for me, then money well spent.

I wondered the same actually,as they are not very common here.I think Adelaide is a reasonably easy market to read,unlike the more populated states.Just sayin........................:eek:

Yeah i understand where you're coming from. I'm mainly interested in whether i can use a BA to find me properties before they get on the market.

Yeah i understand where you're coming from. I'm mainly interested in whether i can use a BA to find me properties before they get on the market.

I don't think Adelaide is that type of market that needs a BA in most cases, that's my personal opinion.

You just need to be quick and know value when you see it, I have a client who develops in my local area. He's purchased around 6 properties in the last 18months and generated hundreds of thousands of dollars in equity, mainly buying corner blocks, alwas sub divideable properties.

This is every time he has paid asking price of just above in some cases, most of the local agents know him.
Property goes up for sale on the Friday, he is there next day 10am making offer.

If you find an area that you want to invest, do some research, get familiar with it so when you see value your ready to purchase.

Goodluck

This is every time he has paid asking price of just above in some cases

This is a interesting thought people should seriously think about.If you know what the property can achieve for you,especially with your developers hat on,why muck around trying to screw the price down that much the owner says screw you.
If the property ticks all the boxes,the property meets your goal profiles in the price range you are prepared to pay,offering the asking price can generate all sorts off goodwill gestures from the seller.Countless times if i see a good deal i have offered asking,if it wasnt a good deal i wouldnt be wasting my time with the property to start with.Know the market you want to play in.

This is a interesting thought people should seriously think about.If you know what the property can achieve for you,especially with your developers hat on,why muck around trying to screw the price down that much the owner says screw you.
If the property ticks all the boxes,the property meets your goal profiles in the price range you are prepared to pay,offering the asking price can generate all sorts off goodwill gestures from the seller.Countless times if i see a good deal i have offered asking,if it wasnt a good deal i wouldnt be wasting my time with the property to start with.Know the market you want to play in.

Spot on!

Every week customers continually ask me "if property asking price is $xxxxxx how
less should I offer"... its not a case of what % below the asking price, its what do you think its worth, what would you be happy to pay for that property.

It also interest me as a first I was assuming he was getting good deals based on asking price, but it was more his ability to know what a good price was.

I don't think Adelaide is that type of market that needs a BA in most cases, that's my personal opinion.

You just need to be quick and know value when you see it, I have a client who develops in my local area. He's purchased around 6 properties in the last 18months and generated hundreds of thousands of dollars in equity, mainly buying corner blocks, alwas sub divideable properties.

This is every time he has paid asking price of just above in some cases, most of the local agents know him.
Property goes up for sale on the Friday, he is there next day 10am making offer.

If you find an area that you want to invest, do some research, get familiar with it so when you see value your ready to purchase.

Goodluck

Thanks for the tips Brady.

I believe i was extremely quick with the last property i missed out on. In fact, minutes after it was listed on re.com.au, i immediately called and emailed the agent saying i wanted to make an offer. You know what the agent said to me? "I cannot believe that you are talking about making an offer and you have not even visited the property". I knew it was what i wanted. So i made an offer early the next morning. I offered the asking price and as i explain here, i didn't understand why it was not accepted immediately. However, i do understand NOW. The property was listed WAAAAAAYYYY below market value and i SHOULD have taken that into account instead of hoping to get it at a bargain price. If i had my chance again, i would have offered a lot higher.

The main reason why i'm looking for a BA is to try to circumvent all that competition by getting the property before it goes to market. I know i wont get it at a bargain price, but at least i wont be fighting that many people for it.

That's exactly why i offered the asking price immediately when i saw the property i wanted! Unfortunately, my inexperience did not realize that the asking price was in fact way below market value and so was outbid by quite a bit.

Spot on!

Every week customers continually ask me "if property asking price is $xxxxxx how
less should I offer"... its not a case of what % below the asking price, its what do you think its worth, what would you be happy to pay for that property.

It also interest me as a first I was assuming he was getting good deals based on asking price, but it was more his ability to know what a good price was.

I see you referred to "customers" in your sentence Brady. Do you mind me asking what you do for a living? Are you a BA?

Hi Brady,

I am new to the property game and live in Sydney. Where will I find the rules for sub division etc? Is it the Council website? I understand from your post that corner block is a plus. Does that vary from Council to council in Adelaide?

Back