Buyer's Agent in Adelaide

Hi Brady,

I am new to the property game and live in Sydney. Where will I find the rules for sub division etc? Is it the Council website? I understand from your post that corner block is a plus. Does that vary from Council to council in Adelaide?

Each different council has differe t requirements.

The only active BA on SS (that I know of) from Adelaide is Paul from Logica Property, he has been posting on Somersoft for a little while now.

I haven't used any BA's in Adelaide personally.

Read your situation in the other thread Em, property is like card games. You have to make sure the other side (the real estate agent and vendor) don't see your hand. That way you can use what you have (how much you're actually willing to spend, favorable conditions etc) to produce the result you want (the house you want at the price you're happy with). If you don't feel comfortable with the process, I can understand why you'd be looking toward using a BA.

When I have inexperienced clients who are wary of negotiating with property, I suggest looking at a number of properties that they have no interest in, and just talk to the agents there. The emotional trigger isn't there, so you don't have to fear that you might potentially ruining your chance at securing the property.

Last edited:
The only active BA from Adelaide is Paul from Logica Property, he has been posting on Somersoft for a little while now.

Yup i emailed him already :)

I haven't used any BA's in Adelaide personally.

Read your situation in the other thread Em, property is like card games. You have to make sure the other side (the real estate agent and vendor) don't see your hand. That way you can use what you have (how much you're actually willing to spend, favorable conditions etc) to produce the result you want (the house you want at the price you're happy with). If you don't feel comfortable with the process, I can understand why you'd be looking toward using a BA.

It definitely is like card games! The situation i described in that thread though was a weird one. Traditionally, i thought that if you offer the asking price, the vendor or agent would be happy and sell straight away. Also, i thought that when the vendor gets back to you, they notify you if your offer was too low and thus give you another chance to increase the offer. But these things didn't happen which was why i was so confused. Showing my hand early didn't matter in this case since there was no negotiation stage.

When I have inexperienced clients who are wary of negotiating with property, I suggest looking at a number of properties that they have no interest in, and just talk to the agents there. The emotional trigger isn't there, so you don't have to fear that you might potentially ruining your chance at securing the property.

That's a good tip CJay. Would definitely increase the confidence and negotiation skills.

Thanks CJay and jim for mentioning my name. Been in touch with emjay and may be able to help him at some stage.

One comment I can make about using a BA like myself. As they say, in order to secure a good (investment) property, you should be buying the right property in a proven location. To do that it is necessary to make educated investment decisions based on research and solid local knowledge. Ideally, one aims to buy a property below it’s intrinsic value (i.e. not necessarily below asking price), in an area that has above average long term capital growth, good rental yield and then one adds value creating some extra capital growth (reno or subdivision etc). Therefore, if you are unsure about the right locations (research), values, rental yields etc, it may be a good idea to engage an expert on the ground who will assist you in finding the right property in the right areas, will negotiate the best possible price and help with any research and information you may need to make an informed decision. Not to mention the savings in time, stress and frustration...

Cheers, Paul

Back