Buyer's agent in Cairns

Hi All,
I am looking to buy a property in Cairns in the near future. I am not too familiar with the market there and since I am currently living overseas, I do not have the chance to visit too often. I think therefore a buyer's agent would be a good idea. However, I have searched online and cannot find one. There are real estate agents that claim to represent the buyer if this service is required, but no independent agents. Any leads would be appreciated.

Hmmm......I know Andrew Allen is based in Brisbane which is a world away from Cairns....if he can't help you out, he might be able to point you in the direction of someone that can. He posts on this forum quite a bit.

Cheers

Jamie

It's been a couple of years since Sailor posted. She knew the Cairns market.

What's the appeal of Cairns? It's a heart-breaker. :( Townsville is much more solid.

Buyers Agent Cairns

I have only just joined this Forum, and found this question. I know it was from some time ago but I just wanted to let every one know that I work as a Buyers Agent here in Cairns now. Our company is Property Ladder Realty and our website is www.plrealty.com.au Our service is free to use as a buyer. It is a great time to invest in Cairns as we haven't seen prices this low for a very long time. Love to help any one that wants to know all there is to know about property in Cairns.

....Our service is free to use as a buyer.

I think the OP, hansal, was looking for an independent Buyers Agent.

I know many selling agencies have agents who work with buyers to sell their own (or conjunction) listings, and therefore call themselves "buyers agents". But in reality they are being paid by the vendor to sell a property and so are not truely independent.

That's just the thing, as Propertunity has highlighted: there just doesn't seem to be any independent buyer's agents in Cairns. I am new to property purchasing, particularly in Cairns (basically I have no idea) so I am willing to pay for the type of assistance a buyer's agent provides. When Property Ladder indicates that their "service is free to use as a buyer", I wonder where they make their money from. Am I being too wary here?

I would suggest you go there...look around...there are some good buys there. I am currently looking at one that is way under replacement value.

The last time properties were way below replacement value in Cairns I bought a few, rented them and when they doubled in value I sold.

This time is different, the high dollar is having a big effect on the tourism, properties are taking quite a while to let as the population has shrunk. I am told by some sellers that it is taking up to 4 months to sell properties.

Chris

Back