Buyer's Agent in Gladstone area ???

Hi Everyone,

I seek recommendations/contacts for a good buyers' agent in the Gladstone area. I am looking for someone who knows the area well & find me a great property or two as my IP's.

I am interested in the services of someone who will really go out and find me a value property rather than just recommend a H/L package in one of the new estates.

Thanks in advance for the inputs.

HighAmbitions

You'd be flat out finding a BA for Gladstone.
Most BAs that I know stick to the cities where they get enough business to survive and thrive.
I doubt the demand is high enough for a BA based in Gladstone.
But I'm happy to be corrected.

hmm I know Emerald/rocky/gladstone/hbay quite well aswell as up and coming mining areas and old stable ones maybe I should become a BA since apparently there is no competition or maybe I have just had 2 many hehe...

I think there is a need for one in Gladdy and Rocky etc.

In the last boom there was a guy there Corr I think was his name and he was pretty sharp he was also in Macaky and Rocky before that just followed (picked the booms) I was often competing for properties I was buying for myself or others in those areas against him.

I just googled him and he is now in Surat Basin but looks like he may have passed over to the dark side and is selling his own house and land packages :eek:.
Oh well,maybe an opportunity for you James!

Just looking on the net i like this one, I don't have one in this street but i helped a couple of friends buy in this st and it is close to CBD and not a bad area.

http://www.realestate.com.au/buy/in-gladstone,+qld+4680/list-3

If there is no BA you have to go there yourself, it is an easy town to buy in when u r there, also think next couple of months a fair bit of stock will come on market as people who have wanted to sell but couldn't because they bought at end of boom and have been in negative equity will sell up so a small window of opportunity may exist.

Good luck, interested to hear how u go.

Cheers

BT

If there is no BA you have to go there yourself, it is an easy town to buy in when u r there

We are looking at flying to Gladstone to find an IP. We have bought an IP interstate before, but we had trustworthy contacts in the area who could help us with our due diligence. We have done a reasonable amount of DD on the Gladstone market from afar. For those who know the area, how many days would you suggest we might need in Gladstone to choose the 'right' property? Should we try to include a weekend for access to open homes?

Can anyone recommend reputable contacts for the following in Gladstone (PM if preferred):

Building Inspector
Pest Inspector
Solicitor/conveyancer
Painter
Quantity Surveyor

Any feedback greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Angela :)

Hi all,

I would second Chasers request! Have been looking at the gladstone market for a while now but yields seem pretty ordinary for a "mining" town eg about
5% unless buying brand new and $$$! Am I barking up the wrong tree or are most punters wearing this with the expectation of future capital gains?

Cheers
BNM

We are looking at flying to Gladstone to find an IP. We have bought an IP interstate before, but we had trustworthy contacts in the area who could help us with our due diligence. We have done a reasonable amount of DD on the Gladstone market from afar. For those who know the area, how many days would you suggest we might need in Gladstone to choose the 'right' property? Should we try to include a weekend for access to open homes?

Can anyone recommend reputable contacts for the following in Gladstone (PM if preferred):

Building Inspector
Pest Inspector
Solicitor/conveyancer
Painter
Quantity Surveyor

Any feedback greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Angela :)

Hi Angela,

Def need two days to look around and make offers etc.

I have had a lot of problems with PM but I have family who have their properties with Angela at Raine and Horne and she is great. She has 152 properties under her management and all bar 2 or leased and those 2 still have old tenants in them (about to leave) so close to 100% leased. Good sign for rentals long term as it was very different 12 months ago.

I use a out of town conveyancer/solicitor when buying in regional QLD, think that adds a bit of insurance against being duded. If agent, conveyancer and vendor all know each other and u r an out of town buyer u need to be a bit careful. I used a good building and pest guy in Gladdy i will try and find his details.

cheers

BT

Hi BT

Thanks heaps for the reply. Funnily enough I realised last night that I forgot to request recommendations for a PM on my list, so thanks for that referral. If you can find the building & pest guy's details that would be greatly appreciated. It looks like we will spend 3 days in Gladstone (probably a Sat, Sun, Mon), so it sounds like we should have more than enough time.

I would second Chasers request! Have been looking at the gladstone market for a while now but yields seem pretty ordinary for a "mining" town eg about 5% unless buying brand new and $$$! Am I barking up the wrong tree or are most punters wearing this with the expectation of future capital gains?

Our research has revealed exactly the same thing. We were originally looking at Port Hedland but despite great yields we were skepical about whether the bulk of any CG had already occurred in the area, and also the likely introduction by companies of miner's 'camps' slowing the market. Our focus shifted to finding a primairly resources based location that had yet to realise a reasonable proportion of its CG and yield potential, plus had big $$ infrastructure projects in the pipeline...hence Gladstone came onto the radar.

We have quickly realised that we would initially be buying a somewhat unimpressive 'buy & hold' type property (~4-5% yield) BUT with the twist being strong prospects for impressive CG in the next few years and increasing yields as soon as the workforce starts arriving. Our due diligence would suggest that in the case of Gladstone this is a calculated risk that we are willing to take. As always, time will tell.

Found that building and pest company

"CQ Building & Pest Ph: 07 4972 7720"

They did about 60+plus reports for family and friends and were very good, only disclaimer was it was in 2006 so changes could have happened.

Also talking to some agents in last couple of days they all report vacancy rates dropping a lot, previously they were saying keep tenants in place even if not so good, now many are recommending kicking out as easy to re-lease.

This is excellent for prospects of rental increases.

I agree chaser about Gladstone , good long term hold with little risk and potential big upside. Port Hedland downside is huge and upside is somewhat limited. Would love to have bought in PH 6 years ago but would not do so now.

Good Luck

BT

In 2010 I have used Neil Richardson QS is based in Rockhampton but regularly services Gladstone.Conveyancing House CQ (Chris Trevor & Assoc's) twice & BPI for building and pest inspections. I would use them all again, except I have since heard a bad report about BPI. In 2005 I used cqbuildingandpest and would not use them again. Good air con guy is AMAC. Its all luck of the draw at times!! Property Managers are paid so poorly in Gladstone hence quality and staff turnover.

In 2010 I have used Neil Richardson QS is based in Rockhampton but regularly services Gladstone.Conveyancing House CQ (Chris Trevor & Assoc's) twice & BPI for building and pest inspections. I would use them all again, except I have since heard a bad report about BPI. In 2005 I used cqbuildingandpest and would not use them again. Good air con guy is AMAC. Its all luck of the draw at times!! Property Managers are paid so poorly in Gladstone hence quality and staff turnover.

i used neil richardson for QS as well and was happy with result

HI guys,

new to the forum but have 4 investment properties and a development in gladstone.

Would NOT use CQConveyancing (Chris Trevor and associates) defintely go Kenny and partners or McDonald and Michel,
for building and pest BPI I have heard are generally the best

Property managers are all pretty ordinary Raine and Horne are extremely expensive - ($58 to get a key cut!!), I manage all of my own properties but have heard that Ray White have really put some work into their PM section and are the least worst there now.
for an agent Michelle Trewick at Ray white is pretty good at finding property for interstate investors.

My broker there is Sheryle gherardi at Loan market - very good at working with out of town buyers as well as knowing investment strategies and complicated tax and financing structures.
Don't have any of the contact details on me but should be able to google most of them.

Cheers

HI guys,

new to the forum but have 4 investment properties and a development in gladstone.

Would NOT use CQConveyancing (Chris Trevor and associates) defintely go Kenny and partners or McDonald and Michel,
for building and pest BPI I have heard are generally the best

Property managers are all pretty ordinary Raine and Horne are extremely expensive - ($58 to get a key cut!!), I manage all of my own properties but have heard that Ray White have really put some work into their PM section and are the least worst there now.
for an agent Michelle Trewick at Ray white is pretty good at finding property for interstate investors.

My broker there is Sheryle gherardi at Loan market - very good at working with out of town buyers as well as knowing investment strategies and complicated tax and financing structures.
Don't have any of the contact details on me but should be able to google most of them.

Cheers

Where is your development? Any tips for developing in Gladstone? I have just purchased and looking at doing a 6 townhouse development on the land in the next few years.

Buyers Agent in Gladstone

Hi to everyone interested in property in Gladstone. I am a buyers agent from the Gold Coast and have just moved to Gladstone. I can help you to find a investment property that suits from the local area as I have had my finger on the pulse since I bought my property here 3 years ago. If you have not found what you are looking send me an email and we can make a time to discuss your requirements.
I look forward to helping you find your next property soon.

Back