Buyers agent question

Hello,

I don't have much knowledge or experience with buyers agents but from what I've seen, they generally offer a "package" type service where they locate particular properties for clients, etc. Due to our budget, I was wondering if anyone knows of any buyers agents who charge on an hourly basis? There is a property that I'm interested in and I would like them to inspect it (I will arrange a proper building and pest inspection as well), give a rent appraisal (to confirm what REA claims) and have a look around the street it's located in and the surrounding area to make sure there's nothing too dodgy. The house is in the Riverina region in NSW. I would like to engage a buyers agent as I am quite time poor at the moment.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Due to our budget, I was wondering if anyone knows of any buyers agents who charge on an hourly basis?
None that I know of. Most BAs charge for producing a result - which they produce either in a short time or a long time, depending....

However, most BAs could produce a CMA for you for a few $hundred. But a mortgage broker with access to Residex will probably do that for free for you anyway.

There is a property that I'm interested in and I would like them to inspect it (I will arrange a proper building and pest inspection as well), give a rent appraisal (to confirm what REA claims)
Why not just get a few of the opposition Property Managers to go out there and do that for you - that way they don't have a vested interest.

and have a look around the street it's located in and the surrounding area to make sure there's nothing too dodgy.
The same PM's could also give you an opinion on this too - unless it is a one REA town you're talking about. If its recent, a google street view 'drive down' on your PC might help? For something more up-to-date, try www.nearmap.com for a look around in more detail.

The house is in the Riverina region in NSW. I would like to engage a buyers agent as I am quite time poor at the moment.
I don't know any BAs in the Riverina. You may get one from Canberra to drive/fly there?? maybe.

Hiya cimbom

It's not too far away - an early start and you'll get down and back by lunch time.

When we bought an IP in Wagga we arranged to inspect half a dozen that we short listed. We were back home by mid afternoon with an offer accepted.

It's good to get on the ground there and talk to REAs and PMs about particular areas. There can be good and bad parts on the same street (that's assuming you don't use a BA).

Cheers

Jamie

Some have two packages. One where they source and research the properties for you. As many until you find a suitable one.

Or one where you find the properties of interest and theyll research it and give advise accordingly. Again until you find a suitable one. Obviously this package is cheaper.

Cheers

Back