Buyer's Agents - can they work Nationally?

Hi there,

I am looking at investing in property in either Brisbane or Sydney (open to either depending on the particular property and what it offers). I am considering engaging a buyer's agent.

Are there any that work across markets (with colleagues etc...) so that I could look at options in both places or do I have to commit to one?

They would need to hold a BA or RE license in each state in which they operate

^ ^ what Dave said. They just need to be licensed in each state or territory they operate in.

A number of my BAs work in both Sydney & Brisbane for example. Some (a few) companies operate nationally and some only in one state.

I am fortunate in that KFC is sold in every state and does not require a specific qualification to purchase on behalf of others

A separate license for each state is needed. Also make sure their Professional Indemnity insurance covers each state they're operating in.

Hi there,

I am looking at investing in property in either Brisbane or Sydney (open to either depending on the particular property and what it offers). I am considering engaging a buyer's agent.

Are there any that work across markets (with colleagues etc...) so that I could look at options in both places or do I have to commit to one?

As others have said, ensure whomever you use is licensed, insured and has sufficient local knowledge and experience to act on your behalf as your advocate. Refer to the REBAA website for qualifications for each state here if unsure http://rebaa.com.au/join/how-to-become-a-buyers-agent/

If you are planning to conduct 2 separate searches simultaneously you will quite simply require 2 BAs. I'm yet to meet a BA who can be in two places at the same time :)

Back