Buyer's agents for Newcastle

Hi everyone

Can anyone recommend a good buyer's agent with particular experience in the Newcastle area?

I'd also be interested in everyone's general advice and opinions on using buyer's agents. I've decided to do so because I'm moving home to the UK for a year in June, and I don't want to spend most of my final weekends driving to Newcastle from Sydney and back, so I think it will be worthwhile to spend the money and get someone else to do the legwork.

Many thanks,

Neil

Thanks

Thanks very much everyone. For the sake of a little healthy competition, does anyone know of any other good BA's covering the Newcastle area?

Propertunity has so many recommendations that I don't know why you would want to look too much further. You want quality rather than the cheaper available so it would be hard to compare unless you had recommendations- which you do.

However at one stage I learnt about Propell sourcing properties in Newcastle. ba.propell.com.au

They were recommended by my broker but I've had no personal experience.

Thanks Geoff. You're right, I'm not looking for a cheaper option. I just thought it would be useful to compare the depth of service on offer - I haven't done this before so I'm not sure what to expect. Thanks for your help - I'll try both.

I tried looking at the REBAA.com website but they don't mention the areas they cover, apart from being NSW. You can drill down, but that could take a while. It's something that could potentially be done on that website to improve it.

If you really need another name perhaps "Jacque" can help you, either directly or may know someone other than Alan. She has a good reputation on here but tends to be more Sydney based.

A post by Jacque as a link http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84888

Jacque is the president of the Real Estate Buyers Association of Australia- the REBAA, which is the website I mentioned earlier without explaining what it was.

And it's REBAA.COM.AU

Back