Buying a car park.

Has anyone bought an apartment without a car park, then been able to purchase a parking spot later?
I know that personally I have turned my back on apartments without a car space, so thought this might be an option for adding some value to a property.

Just thinking out load here, but curious to hear more experienced thoughts.

:)

Any idea at all?
I see car parks listed for sale on real-estate.com all the time.

If I were in a complex with a limited number of car parks, could I purchase a spot from someone else? I imagine this would require some legal work, contracts and changes to the title, but is it possible/feasible?

Certainly possible, but it would best case be a commercial finance arrangement. I've got no idea what would be involved in attaching it to your property title to increase the property value.

I think what is being asked here is whether an accessory unit (the car park) can be "detached" from the main unit - almost a "sub-division" of a sub-division?

Never thought of it actually....

The Y-man

I think what is being asked here is whether an accessory unit (the car park) can be "detached" from the main unit - almost a "sub-division" of a sub-division?

Never thought of it actually....

The Y-man

If it is an accessory unit, I do not believe it can be sold separately. This is typical with older apartment blocks. The new high-rise apartments generally can be sold separately. I think best person to ask would be the body corporate

Back