Buying a home unit in an SMSF

Does STG offer offset account?

How is STG compare to AMP? rate is lower?

I'm not a fan of St George, they have no control over settlements and had a couple of poor client experiences with them.

All our business goes to La Trobe at the moment, lowest rate in the market.

AMP is quite good.

Cheers, Ivan

I'm not a fan of St George, they have no control over settlements and had a couple of poor client experiences with them.

All our business goes to La Trobe at the moment, lowest rate in the market.

AMP is quite good.

Cheers, Ivan

Ivan,

What are La Trobe like?

I've never used them for SMSF. Last time I looked it was abotu 5.60% pa which is cheap, but the app fees were around 1.5%. On $500k that would be $7,500. But that would save about $2k in interest per year compared to St George.

Ivan,

What are La Trobe like?

I've never used them for SMSF. Last time I looked it was abotu 5.60% pa which is cheap, but the app fees were around 1.5%. On $500k that would be $7,500. But that would save about $2k in interest per year compared to St George.

We have a very strong alliance with La Trobe, so we get the right service, with the right 'direct' contacts with a reciprocal referral relationship which benefits Redwood Advisory and La Trobe. They are a leader in 'volume' in the market by a country mile, as their rate of 5.6% is less than NAB at 5.88% and Westpac a little higher.

Their app fee is 0.6% of which you will get 0.5% upfront. We have put probably 50 loans through them since November, we have connections with the Heads of and CEO. The only constructive feedback I have for them is the lawyers they use. Their charges are way higher than the other banks and personally I don't like the lawyers, they have raised issues why show a lack of knowledge of SIS and Local Stamp Duty laws. This is a work in progress. I have a strong view that lawyers should be gatekeepers in the process and when you align yourself with a local firm you are asking for trouble. If the guys from La Trobe read this I have fedback this to management since the first loan.

If you need a direct contact I will give it to you, just shoot me an email.

Cheers, Ivan

Back