Buying a Unit in Surfers Paradise

W

WebBoard

Hi my name is Ivan,
I am 20 and I have just got a $235k loan approved by the bank. I'm not sure where to buy I am thinking about buying a 2 bedroom unit in Surfers Paradise in queensland can anyone help me I'm new to all this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Ivan

I would suggest to look around your local areas for your 1st property. That way you can check up on it more easily and also see what changes are going on around the place.

Henry

Reply: 1.1

Hi Ivan
I agree with Henry
There are a lot of things to consider when you go off to invest in an area. Especially if you are not familiar with it.
Surfers Paradise has thousands of units so some questions you might ask yourself are:
What features are unique about the property you choose?
What is the land value component of the unit?
How much is the body corporate charges?
How close to the beach,shops and services?
Are you paying fair market value or inflated price for the property?
I suggest you do some research so you can feel confident about your purchase where ever it may be.
Kind regards
Simon

Reply: 1.1.1

There is more to the Gold Coast than Surfers Paradise - don't overlook Mermaid Beach, Burleigh Heads and Palm Beach.

Regards

Paul

Reply: 1.1.1.1

I live on the Gold Coast and wouldn't buy a unit in Surfers. There are better buys, with land content, close to the sand or water. This is the key to capital gain in our neck of the woods (as everywhere).
Do your own home work and trust no one unless that information is factually ratified. Consider a duplex in one of the beachside suburbs.
I'm off for a dip in the Pacific, lifes tough.

Rambada

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

That would be ok if you could only swim Rambada!!! Grow back your hair too...if you can!

Back