Buying house near childcare centre

Wife and I are keen on a house in a new estate. What is holding us back a little is we have found out there is a proposed/possible childcare centre at the end of the estate. Our house is on one side of the road and the "proposed" diagonally opposite starting about 50 metres away.
Dont get me wrong, nothing against kids, we have kids under primary school age. Just wondering what people's thoughts on the value of houses (what happens to the value) when childcare centres and similar establishments are introduced.

Cheers

Wife and I are keen on a house in a new estate. What is holding us back a little is we have found out there is a proposed/possible childcare centre at the end of the estate. Our house is on one side of the road and the "proposed" diagonally opposite starting about 50 metres away.
Dont get me wrong, nothing against kids, we have kids under primary school age. Just wondering what people's thoughts on the value of houses (what happens to the value) when childcare centres and similar establishments are introduced.

Cheers

buying in a new estate is far more likley to have a negative impact on short to meduim term value than a nearby child care centre

buying in a new estate is far more likley to have a negative impact on short to meduim term value than a nearby child care centre

Probably should rephrase that, the estate is not "lego land", it has many different houses and quality houses and the number of houses in the estate will be only about 50. So it a bit more a "botique estate" if that is the right word.

Probably should rephrase that, the estate is not "lego land", it has many different houses and quality houses and the number of houses in the estate will be only about 50. So it a bit more a "botique estate" if that is the right word.

i dont think the child care centre will have any negative effect on value

check the zoning for the ccc land.
they might decide to not build a ccc, and do townhouses.
has been done before.

often a developer sells off a % of a development as res A. then future lots are smaller, which helps his profit.......the first buyers get screwed cos they thought it would be res a all around.

this has happened in North Lakes, Griffin, Murrumba Downs, Halpine Lakes, Forest Lake, Springfield Lakes.

I considered a distressed corner house sale beside a ccc.
Decided not because of the traffic and noise. There were lollipop women outside morn and arvo, many parked cars, and screaming/crying kids.

Different strokes for different folks.

I guess the negative is what you've mentioned...parking/traffic.

Depends how big the centre is. It may get really busy around drop off & pick up times, but if there's plenty of parking in your street, it shouldn't be too big a problem. I've found some areas where people get shirty when they can't get out of their driveways b/c people have parked there to drop off their kids :mad:

Regards,
M&M

Thanks all, mostly positive reports it seems. It may never go ahead but we are planning to be in the house for probably a dozen years, so alot can happen in that time.

Cheers

I have a rental house opposite a child care centre. I was worried about noise but we checked it out at different times of the day and there is more noise at 9am and 3pm with more cars around but its in a lovely area and a quiet street so at all other times including weekend it is fine. We are putting up a high fence out the front but we have a big backyard with a pool so don't see any problems. The house around mine have sold no problems - can't see any drawbacks and the plus is that my tenant's kids don't have far to go.

I have a rental house opposite a child care centre. I was worried about noise but we checked it out at different times of the day and there is more noise at 9am and 3pm with more cars around but its in a lovely area and a quiet street so at all other times including weekend it is fine. We are putting up a high fence out the front but we have a big backyard with a pool so don't see any problems. The house around mine have sold no problems - can't see any drawbacks and the plus is that my tenant's kids don't have far to go.

Thanks for your input, considering you have an IP opposite a CCC speaks volumes.

Welcome all comments, but looks like the more i think about it, the more the CCC woudnt worry me at all.

Back